Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been kinda frustrated about the lack of cupholders. I read about the cupholders that fit in the door and they sounded too cheap. I then had an idea so I figured I'd give it a try. I bought a Wedgie cupholder from G.I. Joe's (cupholder that fits between the cap of your seat and center console). I trimmed on up a bit and it works perfectly in the door pocket. One of the cupholders is obstructed by the door handle but it can still be used to store things or smaller cups. I used a hacksaw and shears to trim the lower portion to fit and glued corks I cut in half to hold it firmly in place. I highly recommend them to everyone who needs more cupholders. If any of you have questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
127 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
and if anyone needs that OEM saab cup holder/coin insert for an ng900 (maybe 9-3's) I have one for sale - no need for two of them since we only have 1 NG.
Do you mean the stock one that fits in the center console? The one that can't hold a big cup in place and can't hold any cup straight?

I took mine out so I wouldn't be tempted to use it after I had a full Starbucks venti Mocha spill all over my interior in a hard stop :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I first put a cup in the center console holder is when I realized I had to come up with something. I used the center cup holder for change and other little stuff. At somepoint in the near future I'm hoping to make cup holders for the smaller slots next to the back seat.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
i actually saw one where someone actually cut teh lid of that center console so it would hold a cup... i dunnno if u guys understand what i mean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts