Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Specs:
Size: 17x7
Offset: 40mm
Backspacing: 5.55"
Bolt Pattern: 5x110 and 5x112
Center Bore: 73mm (I think; I have hub rings that are included)
Weight: 19.2lbs.

I bought them from TireRack in September with General Altimax HP (Grand Touring All-Season) tires mounted & balanced, 215/45/17. Three of the wheels are in excellent/new condition, fourth has some scrapes on a couple of spokes and edge from scraping concrete light post base in a parking lot. No bends, flat spots, or vibrations. I had wheels/tires re-balanced at Town Fair Tire shortly after receiving them as I wasn't happy with how they came from TireRack. Tires have 9/32" tread remaining.

Included are the hub rings necessary to run on our cars (reduces hub size down from 73mm to 65.3mm). These also come with small diameter lugbolts and the installation tool (stock lugbolts will not fit in the holes on these wheels). This wheel/tire combination is relatively light-weight: 19.2lbs for each wheel and 19lbs per tire.

Price: $650

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Fair warning, the tires grip better than amazing (wouldn't hesitate to use them in the winter in the north...these tires got me out of a patch of solid ice...) but the sidewall is made of crap. Three out of 4 had sidewall bubbles in less than 10K miles from potholes. Granted I live in NYC so moat places have much better roads, but that's my experience with those tires. Hope you got road hazard insurance for those tires.

The rims look great! Glwts.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Fair warning, the tires grip better than amazing (wouldn't hesitate to use them in the winter in the north...these tires got me out of a patch of solid ice...) but the sidewall is made of crap. Three out of 4 had sidewall bubbles in less than 10K miles from potholes. Granted I live in NYC so moat places have much better roads, but that's my experience with those tires. Hope you got road hazard insurance for those tires.

The rims look great! Glwts.
Thanks for the input. I agree, I think these are the grippiest tires available for the $$ and can still handle some light snow/ice. I don't have the road protection, but I ran these same tires in smaller sidewall size ( 225/40/18 ) on my Volvo 850R here in MA and I never had any sidewall bubbles. Granted, there are fewer potholes here than in NYC, but MA is definitely not pothole-free! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts