1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attention SAAB Owners
The Green Mountains of Vermont host
The 2005 SAAB Owners Convention

The New England SAAB Association will be hosting the 2005 Convention at Stratton Mountain in Southern Vermont. The event will take place August 11th - 14th, so mark your calendars and make your vacation requests!

Stratton has many types of accommodations to choose from. Those on a budget can choose from The Liftline Lodge and The Inn at Stratton Mountain. For those of you traveling as a group or with your family, or for those looking for larger and more upscale accommodations Stratton offers studio, one and two bedroom condos. All of these condos come with kitchenettes and most have a queen sleeper sofa in the living room. If you have a larger group they also have some three, four, and five bedroom condos.

For those not interested in spending the weekend surrounded by SAABs, Stratton Resort has many other activities available on location and in nearby communities. There are mountain bike rentals and trails. There is a horseback riding stable offering guided tours. The Mountain also offers golf, tennis and fly-fishing or kayak lessons and rentals. For those who need a little pampering there is a full service spa on site. You can also travel to nearby areas for fun family activities and a plethora of shopping outlets in nearby Manchester VT.

We are still working on the grand details of the different events that will take place at this year's SAAB Owners Convention. Rather than having a track day we are working on a rallycross, an autocross, and a charity benefit ride with a rally driver on a closed course! There will be the usual concours, tech seminars, test drives, etc.

The registration forms for the Convention will soon be posted on the official SOC website and can either be completed online, or hard copy printed and mailed in. Registration for this years SOC will be $130.ºº This will include your food and registration fees for the weekend. Alcoholic beverages not included.
Pricing for resort accommodations range from $69.ºº - $180.ºº. Rates are per night, not per person. Additional lodging information is available upon request.

So get yourself ready for a memorable weekend of SAAB camaraderie, fun, and lots of fresh air in the Green Mountains. We hope that you will join us for what promises to be a great SAAB Owners Convention in Vermont.

For more information and to register online go to
http://www.saabconvention.org

To check out Stratton Mountain go to
http://www.stratton.com

·
10,303 Posts
Burns, you guys are always welcome to stop over in Central NY on your way. Plus maybe we could get a larger room, and split it 4 ways, You, me, Ian, Jeff.

I can't wait. I'm going to reserve a studio shortly....

I hope Carlsson is there, I hope I hope I hope, and Eklund toooo. :D I want to have my car autographed.

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
KevinY said:
So, what tracks are near this location? Anything?
well according to mapquest Lime Rock is 102 miles south of there, or 2 hours and 40 minutes :? could be better, but it could be worse i guess.

looks like it should be a good time either way tho, cant wait!

Paul

·
User
9,193 Posts
lol.... it's great because it is so close to my house :) muahaha..... ppl should come here after and we could have a tsl bash after the whole weekend is over :)

·
10,303 Posts
Looks like Delorean, PaulH, Blaque_Out and myself, possibly along with Saab90089, and Burnside42, will be splitting a condo.

·
10,303 Posts
For the 6 of us in the room it will only be around $128, for Wed night to Sun morning.
http://www.stratton.com/vacation_planning.cfm?subsubpage=523&subpage=154

And we got the last one. :lol:

Ced, we are gonna need some hardcore Saablinke banners and shit.

Guys, make a cool doorsign, so everybody knows who we are. Like college dorm with our tsl handles and stuff.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Tweek's Turbos said:
For the 6 of us in the room it will only be around $128, for Wed night to Sun morning.

Guys, make a cool doorsign, so everybody knows who we are. Like college dorm with our tsl handles and stuff.
Man I already got you ;) Of course if you guys come across other banners, let me know. I think Jeff posted one one time, but i was a lazy and didn't get it :roll:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Chairmans Update for March

SOC '05 Update
March 14, 2005

SAAB Owners Convention 2005 at Stratton Mountain Resort in Stratton Vermont.

For those of you have been keeping a watch on what is being posted about the convention let me bring you up to speed where we are. We are well under way at filling the venue with many interesting activities for the Saab fanatic as well as the family members who may be less than enthralled with standing around speaking car.

Sponsorship

We've already had tremendous support from the SAAB community… We are still waiting to hear back from the regulars, and actively working on people new to the world of SAAB. Stop by the Group 9 Performance Dyno, win the SAABNet People's Choice Award or perhaps your cleaning up at the State Of Nine Car Wash, with more sponsors to contact and sign up!

Website

Dirk Feather is in the process of getting everything we need to Chris Moberg so that we can have www.saabconvention.org up by the end of this week.

SOC Registration

Convention registration will be available March 18th. Once registration opens you may either register online, or download the form and mail it in via the USPS. We will be pushing for early registration of this event so that we can plan accordingly. There will be a price penalty for anyone registering within 30 days of the event, so register early to avoid the penalties.

Your basic registration will cover you from Friday evening dinner thru Sunday mornings breakfast. If you are planning on arriving early make sure when you register that you check off any additional meals if you are going to want to attend the sponsors dinner on Thursday night, or if you will want breakfast and lunch on Friday. We will be offering a limited # of day passes to those who wish to attend just during the day. We would prefer that if you know in advance to let us know instead of just showing up on site the day of so we can better accommodate you at the event. If you by day passes within 15 days of the event you will be able to get a box lunch. Day passes sold day of the event will not include the goodie bag or any meals.

Lodging at Stratton Mountain

You can now make your reservations at Stratton Mountain. Stratton is extending the SOC prices for the convention, so our pricing is in place from August 8th - 18th. You may make reservation either by phone or online. If you prefer to register online make sure that you enter our group code. 4au8ib If you prefer to talk directly with Stratton reservations give them a call at 1-800-STRATTON. Make sure that when you talk to them to mention that you are attending the SAAB Event in order to secure the special rate. Make sure you have your reservation in before July 13th as this is the date that they will release the room block back to the general public.

Seminars and tech Sessions

We have some tech sessions in the works, and we are going to have a vintage area for people to learn more about the cars they love. Or for the newcomers to the brand they can see where the Saab heritage comes from. We are also looking for input from YOU! The attendees. Do you have ideas for sessions you would like to see? Would you like to give a tech session? If so please drop me a line and we can talk about it.

Questions?

If you have any questions regarding this years SOC please feel free to drop me a line.

To contact Convention Chairman John del Rosario please e-mail me at info (at) nesaab.org

We are looking forward to bringing you a great event back in the heart of Saab country in the beautiful Green Mountains of Vermont.

John del Rosario
Event Chairman
SOC '05

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Wow!! :shock: Might attend this year! It's close to home. About 7 and a half hours. I went in '03. But this year I guess I will have to get lodging :D

I'd love to see a session on NG900 N/A HP work. Capabilities, ideas, parts etc...

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Blaque_Out said:
Tweek's Turbos said:

Man I already got you ;) Of course if you guys come across other banners, let me know. I think Jeff posted one one time, but i was a lazy and didn't get it :roll:
And yes - you are too lazy - should got that one - I woulda myself had I felt like buying it :lol:

And Ben - you're just getting stranger lol - doorsigns.... oh boy :lol: This is going to be one interesting gathering - somone wanna tell me what I need to do money and registration wise? :roll: :lol:

1 - 20 of 202 Posts