Saab Link Forums banner

SOC news? So, how was the Parts Tent?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  BurnsSide42 
#1 ·
Just wondering what I missed. Saw a brand new 9000 Aero wheel in another post.

#2 ·
sad when to many the parts tent is the highlight of the SOC

My guess is it sucked since saab was inches away from closing it's doors. The days of really cool parts tents ended 8 years ago..... at least that's my guess

#3 ·
It was basically Colorado II: Electric Boogaloo - same winter c900 wiper blades, Saab model posters (2 for $1!), a few interesting wheels. Not much in the way of clothing or fluids. Notchback did score a 9-5 dog fence and pad for his wagon. There were some c900 ac kits that were a mildly decent deal depending on who you talked to.

I think I saw three Griffin wheels. That was kind of neat. I piggybacked my poster purchase onto Notchback's order since my money was no good to the SCNA.

#6 ·
It was basically Colorado II: Electric Boogaloo - same winter c900 wiper blades, Saab model posters (2 for $1!), a few interesting wheels. Not much in the way of clothing or fluids. Notchback did score a 9-5 dog fence and pad for his wagon. There were some c900 ac kits that were a mildly decent deal depending on who you talked to.

I think I saw three Griffin wheels. That was kind of neat. I piggybacked my poster purchase onto Notchback's order since my money was no good to the SCNA.
I did score some decent 9-5 stuff and the 900/9000 A/C kits were $15 by Sunday so I grabbed a couple to put on the shelf. Oh, and I got some 9000 steelies for $10 a pop. I was actually told by one of the organizers not to expect much this year, basically fluids and Subaru parts, so I was pleasantly surprised by what they did have. But yes, the days of the great parts tents are probably over.

#5 ·
There were some good parking lot scores to be had. Picked up a couple of indy shop t-shirts as well as a doggie travel bag for Turbo Dog. (She's rolling with my parents these days. Still a ton of mileage going under those paws....) And there aren't enough words to describe Goldwing's awesome freebies. Sweet!

#8 ·
Yup, those were trunk liners for the 9-2x. Also great for draining the thinned out oil from your 9-2x after you spin a rod bearing out on the track. ;)

#10 ·
the parts tent is parts DONATED from saab to the SOC. most of the parts in it are parts that are discontinued or obsoleat and are shipped back to saab from the dealers. To make their parts tent great again it should be held every other year to help collect good interesting stuff. Keep in mind saab hasn't had a parts return program all of 08 and untill just the first quarter of this year. You can only clean out so much stuff untill their is nothing left to clean, which is what's happening now.

#12 ·
yeah - it's not that they are lame, they have just been so "empty" that you can never find anything great anymore. There are usually a few good deals - which are gone in the first 30 seconds in the morning. I almost bought the last 2 Griffin wheels for $50 - but I don't need them.... I was going to buy the Turbine Aero wheel Saturday - but it was already bought by Seth or someone with the Saabstang... It was worth $50 or less to me as a spare.

I got the A/C kit for the 9000 Saturday for $25 - wish I knew the tent was going to be open Sunday and more marked down... would have waited :)

I also go 2 of the Saab Tail Pipe tips - one for my shelf display (where it is now) and the other for storage - one day I may need it. And for $15 each - why not.

Wish they had more cothes and such - but oh well. The days of the rush are gone for the parts tents - but there are deals to be had.

Overall the new 9-5 drove VERY nice - wish I had more open road to actually get on it longer, but traffic was not in my favor when I was behind the wheel. It's strange to drive a Saab with 300hp and be able to floor it w/out tire noise and torque steer issues... it just went very smoothly. Large wheels looked like they would mean expensive tires however... but if you are buying a $51000 Aero - I guess $1000 in tires isnt a big deal....

I'll wait for the FWD 2.0T 6SPD Manual Trans to come out and then look for one of those used I think - for $20-30,000 it would make a very nice "new" car. perhaps with 16" or 17" wheels too...

#11 ·
I wonder if there is a way to get ahold of some of the stock in Sweden. When I was at the festival they had a whole railway station loaded with all kinds of parts, basically they had everything to build a 900 except the frame. I wonder if we could get some kind of saab diplomat for the department of parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.