Saab Link banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
that event makes carlisle seem dirt cheap. is the food anywhere near as good? (prolly not)

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At SOC06 in Lake George registration was more then this years by about $60. The food was excellent, especially the Saturday dinner when they did the award ceremony. Prime rib, full buffet, dessert, the works.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
yeah i just noticed that it is $350 for two people to go. sorry but no thanks. i cannot afford that. for some reason i thought the $170 was for two.

Too bad too as i really want to go especially seeing as i am only about 20 miles away across the border in NH

·
Registered
9,197 Posts
Well the price for the viking challenge, (dyno + autocross) seems fair to me. Still what the hell. 170 for just me+40 renew member+100 or 35 (I may skip dyno and just do autox). God I'm gonna have to hold on the trigger for now though.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I do think it's weird they are not doing breakfast.... just lunch/dinner on fri & sat + a shirt. Insurance takes up some of that money but SOC's are never cheap!!

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I went to SOC last year. I went to meet the Saabers. Didn't do any of the meals. Didn't do any of the seminars. Paid $20 for the day pass to the parts tent. Drank a lot in the parking lot at night, and had a blast meeting and talking with everyone.

Paying for SOC is a joke. If you're going to go to just meet people and hang out and have a good weekend. It's well worth the Gas + Hotel + Food + parts you buy.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
I'm a little peeved that the hotel is going to be so expensive, but the registration is on par with previous conventions. The lack of day passes is kind of a bummer because Mr. Guru definitely wanted to come hang out Saturday, but he'll get over it.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I do think it's weird they are not doing breakfast.... just lunch/dinner on fri & sat + a shirt. Insurance takes up some of that money but SOC's are never cheap!!
so how is it that Carlisle can offering camping for a lot less money. figure lunch dinner twice at $20 a piece that is $80. Are they really saying it costs $30 a day to get in? that is bit nuts especially considering the yearly membership dues as well. And to have the price for 3 day or 2 day passes? that is a slight rip off as well.

how much were day passes before? less than $30 a piece per day?

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is why all you guys need to go to Carlisle next year! I think I spent $60 to register, which included camping, showfield registration and food from CPSC!

edit- I just called the hotel this AM and there are still plenty of rooms left. "only" $119.00/night.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
This is why all you guys need to go to Carlisle next year! I think I spent $60 to register, which included camping, showfield registration and food from CPSC!
yup. $87 here for two people. even people that stayed in hotels spent less than $300 for the entire weekend including gas.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts