Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not the one to just go out and buy a new car. However I just bought a $20,095 key fob replacement. At the time I pulled into my dealer in Kunkle Pa, In my 2004 Saab Linear expressso black with gunmetal wheels, I never thought this would happen. I walked into the service/sales department and it was staring at me. A 2010 Laser red 9-3. I asked the Rob the sales manager about the car and he said I can get that car from $35,246 down to $21095. I said what!! Rob explained with the SAAB incentives going on, along with being a local SAAB club membership it could happen. I took it out and man o man what dream. I went for a cigarette after the test drive and pondered on the thought of having this new sweed machine. With my disgusting habit of smoking I made a pack to myself that If I went for this deal no more Smoking...Guess what I did it, I took the leap..After I traded in my 2004 with 147000 the price was $18095 and with tax title etc. My grand total was $20095 out the door deal signed. I applied through SAAB for financing and my interest rate came back at 4.09%...Holy hell, right?. Coming from a SAAB family I have had the pleasure of growing up in such a great Auto community and I can finally say that I am the first person in my family to have purchased a brand new SAAB, we usually get pre certified SAAB's but with this deal it made no sense to go that route.
2010 Laser red, Black, dark wood interior all the bells and whistles, fully loaded minus the 17inch wheels. It was the right time, due to a reoccurring back injury I can't drive a stick for long periods of time, this comes with the paddle shift automatic trans. Everyday I appreciate the car more and more and I keep finding new gadgets or features(no time to read the manual) Pics are below, I have a ton, this is just a couple minus the day I was at the dealership. Thank you, Ron JR

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
Cool! Glad you're happy!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
The prices for new old stock 2010's are ridiculous. At 20k, it's a great value that would be hard to beat anywhere else! While it really makes me question whether SAAB can really compete in the 30k+ price range, it translates into cheaper cars! Enjoy yours!

·
Registered
941 Posts
Looks real familiar to me... Good deal!! We just bought it's twin, only in a 6-spd manual... And traded our '04 in for it too, lol.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
All these deals on 9-3's are making me consider trading in my jeep for one. Hows the size of the interior compare to the NG/OG's?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its better than my 04. A member of our nepa saab club got this deal in 08 aswell, his came bone stock. Mine came loaded with everything, I really enjoy having 2 power seats bose centerpoint and all those extras.,just missing 17wheels and park assist..but the biggest deal is the piece of mind for the next 4_5 years..congrats slow joe,we made out!!!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Damn - nice buy! If we didn't have a wedding next month we are paying for I'd be strolling the dealer lots myself with prices like those. Here's hoping for new cars and new lower prices with folks like you and slow joe buying the left overs!

I don't get why they don't sell more with Fog Lights... those deletes look silly IMHO. Go buy some lights and have them added :)

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I know that Anders (SWEDECAR) here in SoCal added a park assist kit to his wife's car, it is possible to add if it wasn't originally equipped, I think he did a writeup on Saabnet about it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes burnside i plan on adding the fog lights that is def. a miss i don't get it either.. I'm wondering if i should buy factory or get 3inch yellow fogs and add them at a shop?? Park assist, I might instal a small camera and mount a small screen in my car custom from my uncles interior shop, no rush though enjoying the swooling turbo with the windows down on the back roads of PA with this wonderful 63 degree weather we have today...Thank you everyone.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
I'm not the one to just go out and buy a new car. However I just bought a $20,095 key fob replacement. At the time I pulled into my dealer in Kunkle Pa, In my 2004 Saab Linear expressso black with gunmetal wheels, I never thought this would happen. I walked into the service/sales department and it was staring at me. A 2010 Laser red 9-3. I asked the Rob the sales manager about the car and he said I can get that car from $35,246 down to $21095. I said what!! Rob explained with the SAAB incentives going on, along with being a local SAAB club membership it could happen. I took it out and man o man what dream. I went for a cigarette after the test drive and pondered on the thought of having this new sweed machine. With my disgusting habit of smoking I made a pack to myself that If I went for this deal no more Smoking...Guess what I did it, I took the leap..After I traded in my 2004 with 147000 the price was $18095 and with tax title etc. My grand total was $20095 out the door deal signed. I applied through SAAB for financing and my interest rate came back at 4.09%...Holy hell, right?. Coming from a SAAB family I have had the pleasure of growing up in such a great Auto community and I can finally say that I am the first person in my family to have purchased a brand new SAAB, we usually get pre certified SAAB's but with this deal it made no sense to go that route.
2010 Laser red, Black, dark wood interior all the bells and whistles, fully loaded minus the 17inch wheels. It was the right time, due to a reoccurring back injury I can't drive a stick for long periods of time, this comes with the paddle shift automatic trans. Everyday I appreciate the car more and more and I keep finding new gadgets or features(no time to read the manual) Pics are below, I have a ton, this is just a couple minus the day I was at the dealership. Thank you, Ron JR
Quoted for posterity.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Wow, I read this thread and decided to check out what cars the dealership had for sale down in Anchorage... guess what? The dealership isn't selling SAABs anymore! The nearest SAAB dealership now is in Canada or Washington state. No SAAB dealerships in Alaska anymore! Tomorrow I'll be calling Lithia Chevrolet (used to be Chevrolet and SAAB) and see if they are having a sale on SAAB parts...

Nice car, by the way! I love the color, and great price!

·
Registered
669 Posts

Damn those car lot salesmen and their voo-dooey, subliminal mind control tactics! Congrats on the upgrade.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts