Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
So buy one. I've had a few. Still have one.

I don't think it'll ever leave my collection.

Its good at everything that a sports car should be good at. If you want more power, then its easy enough to get following proven formulas. If you want better handling, same answer. Better looks, same answer. You can see where this is going.

That said, just wait for people to toss hate. It isn't a car to buy if you're easily offended or too caught up in the opinions of others.

Buy it. Autocross/track/DD/hoon in it, and you'll love it.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Mike D's is for sale

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
You can find these for sale alllll day.

How much do you want to spend?

Like said above, I don't ever see this car leaving my bunch. And yes, prepare for hate. Personally, I'm over it...I'm usually having too much fun driving it to care.

Plus, with all the mods out there, you can butch it up pretty good if you are into that:

Cheap, very reliable, fun to drive, and parts are cheap. Sounds like a winner to me!

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Price point depends a lot on how much I might be able to sell my 9-3 for. Definitely in the sub-$3k range, and I've found quite a few Miata's for that money. Of course, it seems like they're all in either CA or FL...

My biggest fear is... I live in Vermont. Palmer, how is yours doing in the snow?

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
i love miatas. i've always wanted one, but i can't bring myself to sacrifice one of my collection for one and i don't have room for another car.

but yes, ignore the haters. we live in a world where brilliance is punished and mediocrity is embraced.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Hugh Miata racing community in the mid-Atlantic, parts are cheap, they get enough people to run their own races, sad to say that they put many clubs to shame as far as turnout.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My grandma has a green miata that she told me she would eventually give to me. I am going to enjoy that car. I can't wait to get it. =]

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
My biggest fear is... I live in Vermont. Palmer, how is yours doing in the snow?
I put General Altimax winter tires on it. It's doing juuust fine.

It has a heater core from a protege in it I'm pretty sure, so the heat is pretty damn good too.

Keep in mind, it's a light RWD car, so not an ideal winter car, but it does pretty good considering.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I'm certainly not expecting it to snowplow like my Saabs have, but I suppose a beater 900 could work out if I prove to be too incompetent for it...

...This is all starting to sound like it's not that ridiculous of an idea after all...

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
but yes, ignore the haters. we live in a world where brilliance is punished and mediocrity is embraced.
amen to that.

if you want one, get it out of your system. if you hate it, there's a huge market of buyers so you can pass it on with minimal losses.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm poking around on miatamania.com looking at the cost of replacement parts... holy cheap! :shock:

So... who wants a 9-3? ;)

·
Registered
709 Posts
buy one. scoop it up for $2.5k and get 15x9's, slam it, then drive the hell out of it.

don't do all that chrome bits/mustache/leather motoring gloves crap that a lot of people do to them.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
don't do all that chrome bits/mustache/leather motoring gloves crap that a lot of people do to them.
mazdache?

leather gloves? haven't seen that. miatas really are the modern MG.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Do it.

There's a pretty cheap 95 on Burlington's craigslist right now. $2K. Needs rockers (not a huge deal).

http://burlington.craigslist.org/cto/1554674770.html

I'll sell you an $800 Subaru Legacy if you can't cut it in the snow. There is no car more fun in the snow than mine. I guarantee it. (I might be moving to a 4000quattro sport next winter).

I'm close to buying one myself, but I feel like if I do, I will NEVER finish my MGBGT.

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
buy one. scoop it up for $2.5k and get 15x9's, slam it, then drive the hell out of it.

Yes, that. That's my plan. Already have the wheels (well, in 8"...that's a bit more reasonable).

Also chrome bits = old fart.

No.

Stig:

http://www.miata.net/

Best rescource out there. It's also REALLY boring. Kinda like SC. :)

The "TSL" of Miata boards is Http://www.clubroadster.com

That's where I usually go.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts