Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Old one did not have a drop of oil in it, so I have no idea why it decided to up and die.

But with the one i put in, the pedal seems to stick a tiny bit and doesnt always spring back to original position. There also feels like theres a little bit of a dead spot from when the pedal is all the way up to pressed down a little bit. Is this something that I can adjust with the booster itself or new fact of life for my car?

·
Super Moderator
10,065 Posts
I don't get why one would waste their time installing a USED brake booster? They are not that expensive anymore to buy new from eeuroparts - and they are OEM - just not in a Saab box.... If you lost that clip - you best hit up a junk yard and get two (spares are something you need around)
I knock boosters out in about 3 hours with hand tools - they are not fun on the newer 9-5's however - those are a PITA since you have to bleed the brakes when done.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well for what its worth, the booster works great. The rest of my car has decoded to fall apart tho. More on that later in another thread though, after i do the appropriate code pulling and under the hood checks.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rawr. I can't find where the spring is supposed to be attached even. To either end. Definately not gonna find it that way :(

Does anyone have a picture handy? :D

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK I got the bugger, but I'm not sure if I attached it to the right place. The brake pedal is better but still sticks sometimes. I wonder if I should crank out the arm on the brake booster a little to make it longer....

but in the meantime, pics of how I left the spring, is this right?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bump guys I almost got stranded because i got out of the car, locked up, and saw the brake lights were still on. If i had left I prolly woulda had a deaf battery

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK noone seems to know about the spring so i'll just lengthen the rod, that should work right?! Especially since the pedal has a lot of slack before it even starts braking.
Do I need to take out the booster to adjust the rod length?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.