Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a little bit of creativity can go a long way with these things.

for instance...

front suspension/K-member donor...

Goodbye 1941 suspension

Hello 1987

the frame is a 1941 chevy business coupe, the body is a 1950 Ford F1 pickup cab, the drivetrain is all third gen camaro/firebird.

the motor is a good 'ole small block chevy.

and there's a lot of nifty bits we're still workin on.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice, well the kid in the pictures is the proud owner. I just get to point him in the right direction and try to let him work on it. I get a little bull-headed when it comes to projects like this. so far he has invested about $800 into all of that. he wants to keep it under $2k, but I do not see that happening, maybe $3k.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
We're gettin' there.....it basically has to consist of little to no chrome, several colors, evidence of bondo, and a weird azz engine. Flathead ford isn't too weird, but does the trick.

Painting an old pickup flat black, giving it red wheels, and a 350 doesn't count.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
The goal is to make it cheap, and basically use whatever you happened to have laying around, to make the rig. License plates, mismatched wheels, tractor parts, etc.

You can literally spend DAYS searching rat rod fourms, pictures etc, and the creativity of some people is off the charts.

Safe?? Dunno. You tell me.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I was gonna say its a Crown Royal shift boot, not sure what the Chivas one looks like. I use the CR bags to store all kinds of shit.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I like the rat rods other posted, but why would someone do that to a Porsche? I know we all have differences in taste, but all that work for that end product? Unique, yes, but definitely not what I imagine most would be looking for. Maybe it's a cool car if you're rich and have 5-10k to throw around for a unique "made to look like shit, yet perform like new" car, but I don't get it. Will take a special group of buyers for that one.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
You could be right there... googleing it, the Chivas pouch is blue, Crown Royal is purple. Either way, that's cool.

Hmmmm - where does one buy a set of those - er, pair? Yeah....

This confuses me.... it was a nice car or wasn't it? Who clear coats over something like that?

Do under age girls really help sell messed up Porsche's? Seriously - this girl looks like she's about 1 birthday shy of being legal.... what kind of auction pictures do we get next year?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts