Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know this car. I was going to buy it for the header but I couldn't because I didn't have a scrap or dismantler license. They wouldn't sell it to a car dealer. It had a New Hampshire bill of sale. There's almost nothing left.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
With a header like that I would think it would be a small list of people.

I can thinking of a few in NH but last I knew their cars weren't burnt down.

In addition to the wheels I also note the exhaust tip as potentially an identifier.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Is the front motor mount custom? If so, I think I know that car....

Oh, was it red before the fire?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Holy hell. Burn cars are always terrifying.

That header looks like a nice piece. I hope they don't crush it without someone getting it.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Someone please tell me that's not kidder's "new" car...

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
On second investigation pictures show his car doesn't have a cage. It was at the SFF on Oct 23rd though, and these pictures above were taken just days after that so it doesn't seem likely.

·
Registered
459 Posts
On second investigation pictures show his car doesn't have a cage. It was at the SFF on Oct 23rd though, and these pictures above were taken just days after that so it doesn't seem likely.
Damn that's sad to see! :(

Stromer > Yep you are right from looking at the pics... valve cover is different too. Doesn't have the stripes through it (top and bottom). That was GMs old car right, now owned by Brian?

sab

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Jeezus! That thing looks like it came out of a blast furnace. Give's me chills. :shiver:

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
You might want to put a few more stars in your post, Mr. Burns.

·
Registered
142 Posts
That was some fire, spread to every point in the car. Makes me wonder if it was in a garage that burned. Am I right that the hatch is warped from the heat.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
As bad as that thing roasted I'm having a hard time believing that the wheels/tires that are on it were on it in the fire. Rubber would def be gone and the wheels would be black.

Wonder what exploded to blow that hole in the valve cover and tear/wrinkle the plug cover like that? And the fuel rail is just plain gone.

·
c900 Grognard
3,713 Posts
When I saw the first pic I thought someone had just taken the term "rat rod" to the extreme. :shock: Wow, that is terrible to see.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Scary. Looks like even the valve cover blew out. Makes me want to keep an extinguisher in the car.

Those wheels def. were not on the car during the fire!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts