Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and my dad were leaving a gas station this morning, and only about 30 seconds from when were pulling out smoke? just blew into the cabin from the vents. Not a lot, it just seemed to slowly leak in. And no, the air con / heat was not on. We immediately pulled into a parking space, turned off the engine and threw open the hood. Nothing. Nothing smelled, nothing was smoking, nothing was on fire. At least nothing was visible. We turned on the air con after it, just to see if we could get some more smoke and nothing.

And the smoke? was just like light white, and didn't really smell at all.

What could this be? / And is it ok to drive it still? :confused: / What should we do if it happens again?

·
Registered
67 Posts
So me and my dad were leaving a gas station this morning, and only about 30 seconds from when were pulling out smoke? just blew into the cabin from the vents. Not a lot, it just seemed to slowly leak in. And no, the air con / heat was not on. We immediately pulled into a parking space, turned off the engine and threw open the hood. Nothing. Nothing smelled, nothing was smoking, nothing was on fire. At least nothing was visible. We turned on the air con after it, just to see if we could get some more smoke and nothing.

And the smoke? was just like light white, and didn't really smell at all.

What could this be? / And is it ok to drive it still? :confused: / What should we do if it happens again?
I have seen "smoke" come from vents on very hot days with the air con on before, that wouldn't be a concern because its actually just water condensation. But if your vents weren't on that is pretty weird.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
When my brothers serpt belt snapped(seized A/C comp) the belt started to melt......all the smoke came in the cabin from the vents.

Just what I remember.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.