Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I went to visit Wentworth College. Well I was in RI coming home from the bar at about 4:20 before going to visit the college at 9 and I fell asleep at the wheel. I hit the sign, the air bags went off, and it was kind of scary. There was crazy smoke in the car from the air bags but everybody was ok I had my sister in the car with me.

Don’t fall asleep while you’re driving, and it was not because I was drunk. :? Haha no I was not

I need some new stuff, my intercooler is shot, a new intercooler is in order, and I went with an aftermarket Oil Cooler one that supports 450hp. Some lights blinker, steering wheel, going with MOMO Black Jet. Hmm back windshield is already set. Well I think that’s about it so not to bad of a crash.
Also the best part is that no Collision Insurance was on the car.

Anyway

Here are the pictures.

·
Registered
745 Posts
:shock: so that's your strategy ....wreck your car to upgrade her huh.... : :p : ...
:cry:

only kidding, just trying to get you to laugh a little... sorry to hear about that, it could happen to the best of us...just glad to hear that no-one was hurt.

Sounds like your going to need a few things...I have some spare parts if your interested...

regards

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Glad to hear everyone is ok, and can't wait to see the upgrades :D

Kyle

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I'm also glad I was not hurt along with my sister it could have been a lot worse.

As for the bumper just waiting on the body kit to be finished. I'm going with some Ecode lights and blinkers. I don't know what I plan on doing with an intercooler yet though I kind of want to wait until I get the bumper so I can get it fitted right.

Thanks DC_SAAB for some parts, let me know what you have. Right now I just trying to look for a stock intercooler until I get the bumper to get a better one, I Don't want to spend a lot of money on one and find out it fits al wrong.

I'll keep ya updated about some parts that I get. The oil cooler I'm getting is from this company www.fluidyne.com .

Well crashing the car was not in the plan but I'm a little happier now that I am getting some aftermarket parts so it all works out.

This is the steering wheel

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Snow, that Momo wheel is sweet, but the way you drive, don't you think you should have a wheel with huge-ass air bag? :lol: (Glad you're OK, man......)

PM me. I have a stock IC sitting around taking up space....

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Phew! :shock: That's a LOT of damage...Sorry to hear about that...I always wondered though how people could fall asleep at the wheel. I mean you can always pull off to take a break :D My friend totalled his car falling alseep at the wheel on prom night way back...Crazy...

EDIT: A sign did that?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
saabvos said:
EDIT: A sign did that?
what kind of sign is that for? chipmunks?..... seems awfully low to the ground

glad everyone is ok
look forward to the upcoming mods :twisted:
Prolly one of those stupid "break away" signs - snap at the base - the base tore the IC and the sign prolly went RIGHT over the car and through the glass.... That sucks man - when I hit one of those 8" curbs at about 15-20mph i smashed up my sub frame - total repair cost then was $10 :twisted: That's the only/worst mishap i've ever had - other then a 360 in snow with my old VW - but again - nothing hirt other then a tail pipe.... Good Luck! Glad you are ok.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well come to think of it, I don't even think it was a speeding sign now. Thanks for everybody offering some spare parts I PMed you guys.

Haha thanks mike, I was just thinking on just replacing the wheel but the MOMO is not to much more then the stock one, and it looks way better so I can deal with out an air bag. I'm not a crazy driver, and the reason I fell asleep was because it was 4:20 in the morning I got up at 6 in the morning that day to go to school, then drive 2 house to get to RI then drive another hour to get to Newport were the bar was.

I pulled off to take a break like twice (only lasted a few min), but I have my sister yelling at me to get home on the passenger side.

Ya I cant really remember if it was a speeding sign or not, it happened to fast and I was so pissed that I just drove away, I did not know the oil cooler and IC were damaged at the time, I was way to mad.

This sign had two posts to hold it up, so the sign was like the one I just posted. Also they are designed to break off at the bottom, and that's what it did and flipped over my car and hit my back windshield.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
snow4_1man said:
Well come to think of it, I don't even think it was a speeding sign now. Thanks for everybody offering some spare parts I PMed you guys.

Haha thanks mike, I was just thinking on just replacing the wheel but the MOMO is not to much more then the stock one, and it looks way better so I can deal with out an air bag. I'm not a crazy driver, and the reason I fell asleep was because it was 4:20 in the morning I got up at 6 in the morning that day to go to school, then drive 2 house to get to RI then drive another hour to get to Newport were the bar was.

I pulled off to take a break like twice (only lasted a few min), but I have my sister yelling at me to get home on the passenger side.

Ya I cant really remember if it was a speeding sign or not, it happened to fast and I was so pissed that I just drove away, I did not know the oil cooler and IC were damaged at the time, I was way to mad.

This sign had two posts to hold it up, so the sign was like the one I just posted. Also they are designed to break off at the bottom, and that's what it did and flipped over my car and hit my back windshield.
Like i said about the sign :roll:

Also - you just gotta practice driving long hours and build yourself up. Keep a bottle of cold water on hand - as well as "happy" music to listen to at all times - nothing at all dreary. As for the long day - i can relate - but you can still avoive falling asleep if you keep water on hand. Much harder to sleep with a full bladder 8)
I've fallen asleep several times at the wheel - haven't hit anything yet. Sure - I hear horns - but that's what wakes you up! Get that adrenaline pumping and the heart racing - keeps ya golden for another 5 minutes anyways :lol: And I'm not kidding - I've done this several times. Another thing is when you slightly crack an eye lid and see that barrier getting real close - same affect.
Try to keep water in your car tho - it's a very good key to avoid passing out/sleeping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts