Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot changes in a year. I have done a lot of the big things to the car that I have wanted to do since I bought it.

So now I am doing some very small touches. This thread is to document some of the small things I am doing. More will be coming over the next week as I finish things up.

For now here is the first small change.

I got rid of my front plate. It blocked the IC and I hated the way it looked. I haven't been pulled over yet and ironically the front plate is nearly identical to whats written on my legal plate.

I will have more pics by Saturday of the 3-4 little things that I am finishing up.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would also like to mention a little something to the hater's. :)

I have had things said to me that I dont drive my car enough, thats its too low mileage blah blah blah.

It hit 50k miles today. I bought it with 18k miles 18 months ago. So I drove my low mileage rare car more than the national average :)

Original clutch hasn't slipped knock on wood.

·
Registered
727 Posts
looks pretty solid.....plus a front plate ticket is a good scape-goat for other reasons that one driving a fast car would get pulled over. Much rather pay that ticket then others....

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I've been pulled over and yelled at by cops for street racing several times and have yet to have a single cop mention the lack of a front license plate. Even had one comment on it "Born from Jets eh? ..... get out of here!"

On rare occasion you'll find the douche of an officer who will pull you over just for the lack of front plate...

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
You made a thread about removing your front plate?

I am going to go make one, it will be about me rolling my windows down. Or turning on a map light.

Can we vote for this as thread of the day?

Also, can you post a DIY write up and put it in modifications.

TIA!

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You made a thread about removing your front plate?

I am going to go make one, it will be about me rolling my windows down. Or turning on a map light.

Can we vote for this as thread of the day?

Also, can you post a DIY write up and put it in modifications.

TIA!
Read NOOB :)

I made a post to show a series of smaller detail changes. The plate was the first one, the rest are coming in the next few days.

I see posts from people like Az showing pics of swapping Viggen emblems. Go harass him :)

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I see posts from people like Az showing pics of swapping Viggen emblems. Go harass him :)
I only did that because Dan asked for those pictures. Also, it was only one portion of a thread with many updated pics of my car.

KTHXBI :D

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Wait a second man. I can't resist this. The man that has been nailing every member for grammar fails to read and is called out for it. There is absolutely no other way to put it but that.........
I did read. And I know more changes are coming...but for the time being, there is only plate removal...which most certainly merits a picture being taken and a thread started.

I plan on taking pictures when I put the 08 sticker on my plate. :star:

1 - 20 of 167 Posts