Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have these and do they rust up ???

I'm thinking about picking some up but want some additional feedback.

Feel free to post pics.

·
Registered
75 Posts
As he said, i see this all the time down here, just the moisture sitting on the rotor will make it rust up until you drive it and the brake pad will shine it back out, and then back to rusty when sitting.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I hear the ATE Slotted Rotors don't rust from what I was reading from SC.

·
Registered
358 Posts
That's right. The ATE PremiumOne rotors are painted silver, so they don't rust, at least not for a while. There's a little bit peeking out from the vents on my front rotors after 1.5 years, but it's not bad. The rears look great, and are slightly older.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be more specific, I wanted to know if the slots on the GS rotors rusted, due to the fact that the pad never touches them, and makes them look bad. True all rotors rust, but the pad scrapes that surface rust off once you start driving as stated above. I also am a big fan a painting the hats of the rotors and the calipers to keep them looking clean.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
i have them and only the surface has rusted as i hit mine with some good clearcoat spray paint before putting them on. it was like $5 for the paint and well worth it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The last Brembo rotors I bought were made in Mexico, and that's what Taliaferro uses for their slotted rotors. My front ATE PremiumOne rotors were made in Germany and the rears were made in China. I don't think you can count on any company to make everything in their home country. When I was searching for new rotors for my parent's Pontiac, every single one I saw was made in China.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.