Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
noticing a slight loss of power and the auto tranny doesn't want to kick down when I get on it. sometimes it will, sometimes it won't. Maybe time to flush the fluid?

It also seems to drive faster (and is more likely to kick down gears) with the Air conditioning on. Does that make ANY sense? :roll: Does the cool air from the compressor somehow affect the turbo intake temp or am I just crazy? I always thought running the compressor drew power away from engines?

I also am suspicious of the spark plugs...anyone know the typical life to expect out of sparkplugs when used for mostly city driving? Any thoughts? my next service isn't due for at least another 2000 miles (oil change) although for some reason the SID keeps telling me it's time for service.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I've heard of Saab Auto trannies doing this with age. The best thing i can think of is to drain the tranny and refill with some good ATF...maybe from Redline. Also your plugs and everything. If you've kept up with the maintence schedules, then this should be done automatically.

I try to change my spark plugs every 3 months, but i don't think they need to be changed that frequently.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn, blaque_out, you are like lightening fast on the reply tip... no doubt...

I am at 14,700 miles right now.

I change the oil every 3000, but the plugs I think have not been done at all yet. I think Saab maintenance shedule for 10000 miles was mostly visual inspection for wear and not replace or refresh parts except for oil and other major fluids. The car is an 02, so I am hoping the tranny is fine and maybe it's something else like plugs or fluid levels.... June or July I am due for oil, if it doesn't get worse before then I will have check tranny/tranny fluids and possibly request new plugs...

do you know anything about the AC affecting perfromance? The dealer said I would notice a BIG difference in "go" when the compressor was running. I do not know if he meant that as it will go faster with compressor or slower with compressor, but it sure seems to go FAST when the AC is on for some reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts