Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
That was an entertaining video, and no doubt, the L67 can make some serious power. But there is allot more to a "fast' car than horsepower, which he does not even mention. Those Mustangs and GTO's offer so much more than just going fast in a straight line.

But that seems to be his little hobby... and allot of people fall for it...

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
i like at the end talking about the $80,000 benz. pretty sure a c320 AMG isnt $80k.

EDIT:
yup i just priced out a 2012 CLS AMG Sport Sedan with all AMG options and it came to $67k. so BS on the $80k Merc.

and our 9-5 Aeros are pretty pimp sleepers i think. i bet some on here could beat him.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Not to take anything away from the guy, but yeah, nowhereman is right, there are quite a few cars on here that would take him.

Judging by the dyno he showed my 19T Viggen could do it (Viggen has ≈20 less peak whp, but makes more torque longer, and is 500lbs lighter). And I don't have anywhere near the fastest car on here.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
i just watched this a few nights ago, ironic...

was a well made video. idk...i just cant side with the guy on driving such "fast" piles of shit...i gotta be stylin' & profiln' lol

·
Registered
574 Posts
That big hulk of a buick could never corner worth anything.
I like the sleeper concept, but I think more along the lines of completely stock looking and yet fast as hell. At least both my SAABs have some street appeal, if you roll up in grandpa's buick, no one is going to notice.

That SHO is worth mentioning though. Stock for stock, and even with some money put in a 9-3 for suspension bits like ARB, ect my old Taurus could corner magnitudes better than my SAAB can. Straight line performance in the Taurus sucked ass but it didn't come with spooky swing axle bed spring suspension and a chassis "stiff as a week old salad"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.