Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I just wanted to quickly update you all on a change that occurred on TSL. Cedric has transferred ownership over to me as of this week.

I've got a lot of experience dealing with vBulletin forums from a technical standpoint as well as administrative. The existing staff will remain intact and no real changes in terms of moderating standards and site functionality are planned.

There's nothing to worry about in terms of ads, we won't be adding popups or anything of the sort. The main focus for me will be improving the site from a technical standpoint. Upgrading the software, adding new features, etc. Please feel free to post or PM me your suggestions. I'm not sure if any of you've noticed, we're already on speedy fast servers.

Other than that, I drive a 2008 Saab 93 aero and I'm from the great city of Montréal.

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Welcome!

I hope we can grow to TSL to it's full potential finally. It's been langushing for far too long.

Oh, and put pictures of your car up.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Welcome to Saablink! I hope we can assist in the growth of Saablink as much as possible and welcome needed change with open arms. I am happy to hear that TSL will not suffer to pop-up ads and the like. I will hold you to that.

Please enjoy yourself and post some pictures of your Saab asap before the pitch forks come out :)

Hope to see/meet you at some Saab event in the future.

·
10,303 Posts
Welcome to the site!

I'm going to duplicate this in "Welcome new members" since only mods can post here.

Also do I still have Carte Blanche? Or do I need to run changes by you now? Aireeca suggested and we all agreed that we should ad a "Places to Visit" type forum section, so if we visit some place we can put up details and info for people fixing to head to those parts.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
I'd like to see the travel forum called "Get Out!" - as in get out and see the world. Geography isn't for everybody...but it should be.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Welcome to the link.

I look forward to less server crashes and some more homepage development.

I always liked that TSL only had a small Add on the top of the page, lets keep it that way.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Welcome!

As your first act to display the power shift you should ban palmer for 24 hours. Just to let people know you're aren't screwing around.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Welcome!

As your first act to display the power shift you should ban palmer for 24 hours. Just to let people know you're aren't screwing around.
As I understand it, The Beard is impervious to the powers, or lack thereof, of The Banhammer.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Welcome, I agree with Tweek and Erica, we should have a Places to Visit/Get Out!! section on the forum. Let's keep the ads as just that one banner at the top of the page too!!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
How about unbanning the MSA crew as a show of good faith? And also finally adding MSA to the area club forums finally?

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Welcome!

As I understand it, The Beard is impervious to the powers, or lack thereof, of The Banhammer.
Bring it on n00berts, see what happens.

:)

Ok, I know it's rare for me to be the voice of...reason, but perhaps we could just give this some time, and see what happens?

Yes, there were twitter, and digg buttons added. I checked, and something like that is on 4/5 of the forums I regularly go to. If you don't like them, don't click on it.

The site is faster, I can tell that already.

I say we give it a couple months, and if it sucks, I'll lead the charge out of here.

Or something.

Hell, the new "owner" has already posted in here more than Ced has in the last year...

Anyway. That's all I got.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Welcome, I agree with Tweek and Erica, we should have a Places to Visit/Get Out!! section on the forum. Let's keep the ads as just that one banner at the top of the page too!!
That's not going to be our call anymore.

How about unbanning the MSA crew as a show of good faith? And also finally adding MSA to the area club forums finally?
If this happens, and that's a big if, they will have a special mission.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Ugh. I hate to be pessimistic about this, but from what others have already dug up, it looks to be only a matter of time before this place becomes moderated like "everywhere else"...

For the record, the current mods/pretty-much-anything-goes atmosphere are what make this place great. (And I know "nothing will change for now" but still... it will. It has to.)

I say we give it a couple months, and if it sucks, I'll lead the charge out of here.

Or something.

Hell, the new "owner" has already posted in here more than Ced has in the last year...

Anyway. That's all I got.
Fair enough.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts