Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
beautiful. wheres a good place to get a full kit GS only has the clutch. i would like to lighten the fly, even though i will be using cast slugs, for reliability.....unless someone has a better idea.....

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
beautiful. wheres a good place to get a full kit GS only has the clutch. i would like to lighten the fly, even though i will be using cast slugs, for reliability.....unless someone has a better idea.....
They have a kit. Use it with the Viggen pressure plate, which is an option on the 6 puck disk's page. I have only the above and haven't had a problem with reliability after 40k miles, tuned for the entire time. What reliability will come down to is how you drive the thing. That, and how your torque onset looks.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I hear ya, but on my viggen, dif car, etc.... I have had a stage 3, stage 4 and now a stage 5 for amost 20 k and it still holds, Clutch has almsot 70 k altogther. But lots of tunes now have huge torque spikes so maybe they are needed?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I hear ya, but on my viggen, dif car, etc.... I have had a stage 3, stage 4 and now a stage 5 for amost 20 k and it still holds, Clutch has almsot 70 k altogther. But lots of tunes now have huge torque spikes so maybe they are needed?
That could be it, too, but I won't get into that.

And the Specs are actually "rated" at 489lb.ft. which is quite a bit.. I'm not even making that much now which is maybe why mine has held so far.. plus I'm pretty easy on it when driving i.e. rev matching, no clutch drops etc.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sweet. im not sure if ill go higher then a stage 3, but if its like getting tattoos then i might go higher, lol. well great info from everyone thanks
so should i have just started with a Vig? sees like thats all im trying to do, put a hot turbo (still have yet to find out whats the differ) a Vig intercooller a Vig clutch, lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts