Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to color-match my sideview mirror housings since I have some spares. They're kind of dirty from sitting for a while, so I want to thoroughly clean them before I primer/paint, but I can't figure out how to remove the glass/heater so I can clean out the inside. On 900s I know they just pop off, but are 9000s different? I keep pulling on mine and they won't come off, and since I'm not sure, I don't want to damage anything. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind, got it. Haynes manual ftw.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
there's a hole in the bottom of the cover, if you look in you'll see 3 or 4 teeth on a white plastic ring. Reach up in there with a flat screwdriver and rotate the ring to release the mirror glass, remove wires for heater

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there's a hole in the bottom of the cover, if you look in you'll see 3 or 4 teeth on a white plastic ring. Reach up in there with a flat screwdriver and rotate the ring to release the mirror glass, remove wires for heater
Troof! One of the plastic rings in mine was sticky, so I squirted a little wd40 in there to help it. Oh, and the wires for the heater on the passenger side kind of disintegrated when I tried to undo them, so I'll have to solder on some new ones when I put it back. But the housings are starting to look great, all cleaned and primed, going to start with the color coats tomorrow morning, then a couple coats of clear to finish them off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts