Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's '93 ran like a scalded cat when I first got it running. Now there's a strain when accelerating and an accompanying vibration sort of. Really begin to pick it up in 3rd. Boost is ok, just takes longer to get there. I thought inner driver but not sure.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I honestly feel bad for you man; you always seem to be having trouble with one of your 9k's.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, my username is becoming synonymous with the Car Problems? Saab 9000 Only forum. This car has had it's share of issues. It's what happens when the PO knows nothing about SAABs and you have to clean up the jerry-rigging bullshit.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Get under there and try to feel for play in the Tripod?
Dunno, I've been in Saabs for close to 3 decades and I'm always facing new repairs... a never ending parade it seems. It's down to the nature of the beasts.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was scouring through a few other forums and came up with a few with similar symptoms. One fixed it with a new DI. Another had an intermittent ground issue on one of the injectors.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I am having the same problem more or less. The car will drive fine when accelerating moderately, but WOT will make the car shake. Im not sure what it could be, I have no idea how to check the clearance on the inner drivers. Ive already replaced the drive shaft assembly on the drivers side.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Similar issue

Hi, there
Have you had in luck in finding your shaking problem? My 93 over several months has developed the same type of symptoms. I need help as well. I am going to investigate the rear suspension for issue's now.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
a-arm or drive axel? I had to replace the I think it was the right one on my c900 (the drive axel) because it's close to where the exhaust manifold is, the grease dries up fast, and it cause the same thing as this. it was about $400 if I remember correctly w/labor.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, there
Have you had in luck in finding your shaking problem? My 93 over several months has developed the same type of symptoms. I need help as well. I am going to investigate the rear suspension for issue's now.
I have not. But then, I haven't really checked it out thoroughly yet either. I drove the car Friday night and I can feel it in virtually every gear. The car doesn't have the snap it once had either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any more luck with your vibration issue?
I finally got pissed with mine and decided to dig deeper...As was suggested and suspected I pulled the Lh drive axle..and to me surprise one of the three tripod bearings had completely come apart.
New axle..problem solved..yes..I finally have my Ride back..I'm in love all over again 300 miles in the last weekend.
Good luck on your shakes. I hope this might help.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Left drive axle...ok. I have to tear that side apart anyway due to a bad wheel bearing. Did find a seized caliper on the right side. More power (naturally), but still the vibes.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Did you track down the issue?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not yet. I'm pretty sure it's some sort of driveshaft/driver issue. Just haven't gotten to it yet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts