Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I had a run in with a 2001-2004 Mustang GT :twisted: On the highway - speeds well above 55mph - more like 120 - and he just didn't have enough to get around my Sedan. Seems that when both my Saab is floored - and his V8 is floored - we are the same exact power wise on the highway. He eventually out traffic situated me (got around me) and I kept on him till my Exit - he was kinda wide eyed when he passed :lol: Now I can officially say - I AM as fast as a damn GT stang 8) Too bad my motor has sooo much power it RIPPED my downpipe right at the "adjustable" torque area before the cat... sounds REALLY bad ass WOT. :twisted: 8) :twisted:

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
A nice kill all the same. Those stock 'Stangs are geared for crushing folks at stoplights, but get them on the open highway and they run like my Aunt Gertrude.

Show zem ze powaah of your Svedish musssscle!

·
Registered
745 Posts
I rushed to read the page...when I saw the title..., thinking the same (gt or not) ...but wasn't thinking

...Those Mustangs weigh 3375lbs, with about 260hp or so, and about 300ft lbs of torque at 4000..... you could probably take him from the line too. Seen so many stangs.., with different looks and badging hard to keep up.

but a good kill never the less...

regards

·
7,595 Posts
well a newer 2.3 9000 running a good bit of boost sure could, but his 87 9000? on the highway sure but from a light..... I think that would be another matter.

·
Registered
461 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Osiris said:
Nice kill though... very nice. However Burns if I ever get my twin turboed 67 Shelby GT 500 dream car we should go at it :wink: .
I'll take you on any time - any place with my Dream car - well one of them anyways - either the Buick Grand National GNX (modified) or a 1968 Dodge Charger RT 440 Dual Quad with some motor and drivetrain work :twisted: (stock the under-rated HP on that was 375)

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
and i will rip you all in my stage 5+ 9-5 aero dream car
or

my super modded volvo s60R AWD dream car...

:wink:

(actually, those other cars you guys are talkin' about are probably too fast for the Swedish machines, but I would be OK with losing in a such a stylish Swedish ride) :wink: :lol: :lol:

it is tough to beat on some of that old school "good 'ol american muscle"

·
Registered
352 Posts
(actually, those other cars you guys are talkin' about are probably too fast for the Swedish machines, but I would be OK with losing in a such a stylish Swedish ride)
6 syllables

koenigsegg CCR

·
7,595 Posts
like the car, would hate to parallal park it... it has just about NO rear window :lol:

as far as supercars go, I like it but it would not be my first choice.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hey abducted where did you get the pics of those volvos? The bumpers looks sweet. I want one.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
saabvos said:
(actually, those other cars you guys are talkin' about are probably too fast for the Swedish machines, but I would be OK with losing in a such a stylish Swedish ride)
6 syllables

koenigsegg CCR
mmmmm - yes yes - you raise an excellent point - the Saab influenced Swedish Super Car - shame about that MERE Supercharged V8 :twisted: I'd of like to see that with a V10 or larger with a BIG ass Supercharger - but it still made the charts as the new ULTIMATE Super car - faster then a McLauren F1 LM - and it's Swdish 8)

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Osiris said:
Hey abducted where did you get the pics of those volvos? The bumpers looks sweet. I want one.
I don't know where I found it, I did a google image search...

I am almost embarrassed to admit it, but I really like that greenish color. It is like Volvo's answer to Saab's Viggen Lightening blue. unique. 8)

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
abdukted1456 said:
Osiris said:
I don't know where I found it, I did a google image search...

I am almost embarrassed to admit it, but I really like that greenish color. It is like Volvo's answer to Saab's Viggen Lightening blue. unique. 8)
Funny thing is - last time I was over at the Saab dealership - they had a 9-5 Aero in that color - looked god awfull in my opinion. Specially for $46,000 :shock:

·
Registered
352 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
saabvos said:
6 syllables

koenigsegg CCR
mmmmm - yes yes - you raise an excellent point - the Saab influenced Swedish Super Car - shame about that MERE Supercharged V8 :twisted: I'd of like to see that with a V10 or larger with a BIG ass Supercharger - but it still made the charts as the new ULTIMATE Super car - faster then a McLauren F1 LM - and it's Swdish 8)
which means it's safe 8)

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
Funny thing is - last time I was over at the Saab dealership - they had a 9-5 Aero in that color - looked god awfull in my opinion. Specially for $46,000 :shock:
you must be thinking of Saab's "sun green" or that new "glacier blue"

I am pretty sure the Saab color is very different than the volvo one... :wink: The sun green is like a pastel green, and the glacier blue is like... blue. Like the pic below..... the volvo one,however, is much nicer and more vivid, more like "electric turquoise".

it's kind of like how cosmic blue and lightening blue (viggen) are very different when seen next to each other. Don't mess with me on this one, I am a graphic designer, i do colors for a living. :wink: :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts