Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts

·
10,303 Posts
A core means, you pay them $350, they sell you one, but you have to send back your old one..when you do, they give you back the core wich in this case is $100.

·
Registered
127 Posts
saabguy said:
what is a core charge?

~justin
Core charge means that you pay them a $100 deposit on the core (the big aluminum-alloy block that your shifter and key sit in). Once you receive your shifter (which will include a "new" core) and install it you send them back your old one and they return your $100.

It used to be (I'm dating myself now) that core charges applied to brake pads/shoes and clutch disks, too.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Put my short-shifter on from Saab Savior, and it really kicks ass...

I just don't understand why something so simple wasn't originally offered for the car.

Its really a sweet deal, and worth it. You can shift hard in short throws and get through those gears much better if your spinning wheels like me through first and second.

Didn't have to pay $350, only $250 because I had a week to honor the return of mine. I prefer getting the part first, for less down time. SAAB Savior is also apparently sending upgrades to there customers for the reverse lockout.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
DC_: with no reverse lock out does this meen you can leave it in nutral when takng out the key?.... i do hope to get one soon as well....please tell more

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I believe no reverse lock out just means that you don't need to pull up on the stick to put it in reverse. You still need to put it in reverse to get your key out however.

Correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
134 Posts
you can probably do either or with the saab savior set up if it has the room meaning you could just put your ignition switch into the housing letting you turn off the car in any gear or you could swap the whole underside set up and have to put it into reverse to get the key out but not pull up to put it into reverse

1 - 14 of 14 Posts