Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scored a shifter assembly today so ill be making a short shifter out of it soon so if anybody may want the other one for a fair price let me know but ya got to wait till I make the short shifter and put it in

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Yea ill take dibs on it. Let me know how it turns out.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Do not raise the fulcrum more than 25mm. I would actually recommend raising it 23mm. I had a problem with mine when I raised it 30mm. The base of the shifter would contact the sides of the shifter housing making it tough to get into reverse. I was able to fix the problem but you can save yourself the extra hassle by only raising the fulcrum 23mm.
Eric

·
Administrator
668 Posts
how did it go?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have the folcrum raised and the mounting plate cut out i still have yet to raise the plate though and mount it then instal it into the car but so far its going good i have a pic of where im at on my web site

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finally put the new short shifter in my car today and it is awsome the new feel is great i just got it in before the sun went down so I have not put everyting back yet but ill take some pics and post them soon overall though it is a great mod that was not to difficult

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Gooooood Job man!!! Can't wait to see pics.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here are some pics of the short shifter in the car they arnt the greatest pics but i have yet to put on the leather shift boot and im going to use my saab leather shift nob so it looks stock

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ill post final pics when i have it all coverd up as well
the new feel of it though is amazing and i love it
i also decided to raise it 30mm and take out the reverse lock out and make a bit of a grove on the left side of the aluminum to get it into reverse easily

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
wow that looks real good, nice and short throws. my friend just did this to his car, he doesn't have a saab, but he took 2.5 inches off of his...

~justin

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the difficulty level was not to bad on installing it just alot of work with moving everything so it does not break and uncliping the window buttons from the center and recliping them other than that though the trickiest part was unhooking the base of the stick from the transmision linkage and then reconecting it the the new short shifter other than this it is fairly simple

1 - 14 of 14 Posts