Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the MP short shifter and the ball keeps getting shorter and shorter....

it gets so short it bottoms out and the plastic cup pops out...

i took out the reverse lock out..could i have taken out something i shouldnt have????

please please help me!!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Is the ball slipping over the treads of the shifter, or is the engie white platic holder slipping down?

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the ball is unscrewing itself... i put a line on the ball and one on the plastic cup and in one day of driving the ball has move up almost a whole thread

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey, I had this same exact problem. I had been in contact with Chris at MP and he told me that the blue threadlocker that came on the threads originally is specially designed to hold the threads but yet allow for adjustment. I bet that the problem you are having is probably frustrating, i know it was for me. However, you have two simple fixes. One, use teflon tape, which will work, you might have to play around with the amount that you use. And two, which is the better of the two, put more threadlocker on. The threadlocker you need is loctite 248.

-Ben

BTW- I must say that MP performance, specifically Chris, was more than helpful when i had this problem, since he is only an hour away, he offered to come fix it himself with the loctite, they are a great company. Sorry if that sounds like a cheesy plug for the company, but I am just very pleased with the product :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts