Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mark your calendars for Saturday, January 8th: Pro Tek Auto in Niantic CT will be hosting a Saab shop day. Thanks to Viggenkid for setting this up and huge thanks to Pro Tek for doing it again.

We'll get use of the garage and lifts from 8am to 5pm, with lift time allocated on a first come-first served basis. There will be a few techs on hand for the day. $20 gets you food and shop time.

Last year was a great time, with about 25 people throughout the day. Outside it was about zero degrees but inside the garage it was nice, and in the office there were homemade meatballs and cupcakes. I made the cupcakes, so I can definitely promise those again this year!

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Mmmm meatballs....
Mmmm cupcakes.....

I'll definitely plan on being there again. It was good fun both years.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Oh shit I would LOVE to come and do my rear shocks + trans mount. Hell I'd even try to get a downpipe, an opportunity like this doesnt come often. Hmmm maybe I'd even get a koni kit..... Its only a 2.5 hour drive, too!

Unfortunately, lack of skill == :( Damn really got excited for a minute there.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
There will be plenty of people to help you out.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
You'd be surprised... a few guys replaced the flex pipe on my 9-3 for me while I stood by, completely dumbfounded.

I will try to make it. I might just change the oil and flush the transmission. Keep in mind I do have a c900 now, so something will undoubtedly be broken.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Well, I def. need my rear struts replaced and I have KYBs just chilling so I'll bring them along just in case. Still eyeing a lowering kit tho! My friend and his obnoxious red mustang wants to come too :)

Any takers to do a suspension overhaul with me?

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Rears are very easy to do.
Probably doable in about an hour with a lift; if you don't run into any unforeseen problems.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
If I was able to do a full turbo swap, injector install, and fluid change, a suspension swap is more than doable. This has to be the best deal going, where else will you ever find a free place to work with great guys and tools?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Oh wow thats ambitious. I'll just do the rear struts and if theres time a brake fluid flush....I think mine's still original...which is probably bad...

I'd like to lower but lowering springs + KYB struts might be a little too crashy. plus time consuming

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.