Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
254 Posts
My MOMO shift knob came with about 3 screws that held it in place. I would assume they are pretty much the same. Hope that helps!

Kyle

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice knob. heh heh

the big problem with the Saab shifter is the POS reverse lockout ring. This ring hooks into the Saab knob.

To remove the knob there is the recommended method of taking a hacksaw to your old knob and cutting it in half to release the reverse lockout ring.

The other way that takes more time is to use picks to release the tabs on the lockout ring that click into the knob, then unscrewing the knob.

You will need to decide whether you want to keep the lockout ring or take it out. Be aware that the leather shift gaiter attaches to the lockout ring and you will need a way to attach the gaiter to the new knob otherwise it will look like your grandma's pantyhose.

·
Registered
729 Posts
So, what would be the best way to go about this. Which one would you suggest?
Thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
trexturk said:
So, what would be the best way to go about this. Which one would you suggest?
Thanks
The mods I've done to my own car have focussed on speed, handling and stereo. So this reflects my priorities.

Stick the saab knobs. They don't look as trick but keeping the reverse lockout ring with an aftermarket knob that doesn't mate to it, looks pretty rough. Similarly, removing the lockout ring mechanism will make your gaiter look saggy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts