Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my tensioner pulley self destructed yesterday, i am almost certain the old pulley was a plastic pulley like the one that the og has, and considering that there doesn't really seem to be any pulley left it's just gone, i feel like that is what was on there.

is there any reason, other than the obvious quality and longevity increase of the metal pulley that i couldn't just put on the tensioner from a 9-3 on there? i really don't want to wait to get a metal pulley shipped to me, when i could get the whole tensioner assy with the plastic pulley, tomorrow, for the same price as the metal pulley alone...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i got the tensioner but then looked more closely and realized it was just the upper idler pulley that fell apart. but the dayco tensioner i got looked the same as what is still on the car

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was in a rush too. the old one still seems in good shape though spins freely without any rough spots. and the spring is still nice and tight i suspect it was changed not long before i got the car. the annoying whine that i feared was the alternator isn't there now that the idler is changed too... no surprise i guess

1 - 4 of 4 Posts