Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does New Jersey really suck as much ass as we're led to believe over here?

Not only is it the butt of Kevin Smiths jokes but WTF is up with Jersey Shore?!

SRSLY?!!! Kthxbai

p.s. If you guys want to see the UK equivalant of JS check out: The only way is Essex... BAD! BAD!! WRONG!!

p.p.s. Just had a horrfying thought... Maybe the two aforementioned places are no where near each other... We're weren't schooled in places of the USA. We just know you're all red necks or militant house wifes :p

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Parts of New Jersey are definitely as bad as the jokes. Parts are even worse. ;)

But most of the state is actually pretty nice.

The meatheads along the shore are mostly from places other than Jersey, and the smelly industrial corridor along the Turnpike is a very small part of the whole state. There are some really nice parts in the wilds of the Pine Barrens, or up near the Delaware Water Gap....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pwned by a fellow Englishman?! Goddamnit!

It just brings across the greater point of the way your country is potrayed to us. In our news, it's either poverty, politics or tv/movies/music awards/gossip. I know there is more to your country than that!

As a country I live in, how is the UK potrayed to you?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
With a family lineage of Hoys,Cooks,Friends,Richardsons Etc who all Escaped from the UK over the last 150-300 years i was tought from a vary early age to GOD DAMN the Queen! All her Sachs-Gotha-Coburg Royal Userping Blood can go Back to Hell where they Came from. We've had enough of her "Causins" the Bushes destroying america for the last 100 years and now we're Blessed with Her Subject Barry for a while. Otherwise Top Gear is Great!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
My grandfather used to have a printing plant in a Cherry Hill, NJ industrial park. The state ended up buying the property because one of the other businesses contaminated the ground water with industrial runoff.

I've driven only driven through Jersey on my way to NY. Crowded roads and bad drivers are what I remember most.

I've got a couple friends from the UK, one from Newcastle and one from Edinburgh, good guys all around.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
There are 3 parts of NJ, North ( industial and polluted lots of traffic) the south ( farms and hicks no roads) and the Shore ( what you see on TV)

I do like that idea, jersey shore cast gets a house in Essex and they send a housload of wankers from essex down the shore...

What would be call it? ( I will propose it to my freinds at MTV)

·
10,303 Posts
It just brings across the greater point of the way your country is potrayed to us. In our news, it's either poverty, politics or tv/movies/music awards/gossip. I know there is more to your country than that!

Our media does a horrible job, just because it is filmed in the U.S. doesn't mean most people watch it. I for instance love listening to Jeremy Clarkson make his funny jokes about us. Some people will then write in the media that people are affended by it. But I doubt most of us are.

Yes we have poverty, our politicians are dumb.

I imagine Britain as it was in the late 1800s early 1900s. Mostly from our movies about it. :lol:

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Hmm...lessee...how is the UK portrayed?

London is posh.

Manchester is not, but it's dead sexy in its own way. The Industrial Revolution is a fetish of mine.

Any men north of Manchester love sheep. I mean they love sheep.

Oh, and there's always an incredible song on the radio when one heads out for a drive. Unless that's just the producers at Top Gear.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Pwned by a fellow Englishman?! Goddamnit!

America has a lot of poor people, but theres a lot of Americans, its kinda big... so i donno.

as for the UK, I like it, a lot, and i watch the BBC for news and junk, so i'm probably not the best for this one. I happen to have a thing for tight back roads, and old buildings and crap, so the UK works for me (those are the things i know of) and also people with bad teeth, thats a stereotype i hear a lot about. Also you idiots drive on the wrong side of the road.... drives me nuts.... :confused:;)

This is an excerpt from the big book of british smiles.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I thought it was the Welshman
Yeah, they're a dirty bunch of sheep shaggers! :lol:

No, they're just on CCTV the minute they step out their front door!
If any of you have read 1984 by George Orwell, that is how this country is now. CCTV everywhere and the general populus are encouraged to snitch on your neighbours/friends/family for any minor misdemeanor.

If you really want to see our car crash tv then you have to watch Jeremy Kyle. It's like Springer with the guests having bad teeth and no shouts of "You slept with yo' babies momma when you werre supposed to be wit' me! :lol:

Sadly, no awesome tracks burst onto our stereos when we hit the back roads. We do have some absolutely stunning back roads but, they are exactly that..back roads!! 80% of them are full of pot holes, dips and uneven surfaces. We long for flat roads. I personally would love to just jump on a road and cruise for miles and miles without having to do an impression of WRC driver :lol:

Bad smiles? Yeah, they exist but, they mainly belong to our chavs (look it up :p)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts