Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, when the pistons go in, I'll be upgrading the turbo, too.
I'll have no use for my Td04, oil/coolant lines, and JT 3" downpipe.

I get the car back from the body shop sometime next week.
When it gets back, the head will come off, and the turbo/downpipe will immediately come off, as well.

I'll include the following:
Post-MAF rubber hose, and 01-03 Aero intake pipe(non-cobra),
45k-ish mile Td04(only about 8k miles have been put on it by me) It doesn't appear to be leaking oil on the intake side, and absolutely does not burn oil, ever. My tune is set to 15psi, and Mreq is 1200... so it's not been overworked like a beat ol' t25.
I'll include all of the oil and coolant lines, as well.
This is a turbo from a 9-5, not a 9000.

I'll ship for $350. Same as a junkyard, and you're getting more.

****downpipe has sold locally****

The downpipe, I have no Idea, really.
it's a catless JT 3"
I did weld in a bung for a 2nd O2 sensor because mine came without.

based on nick's prices for his catless 9000 downpipes, I'm thinking $250 is a pretty good deal, since it IS stainless.

I don't have a picture of the td04, but I assure you it exists.

as for the downpipe, I have a couple, but none are spectacular:

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Possible to put on a cat on the DP? Without cutting it up that is.

·
Registered
859 Posts
ill assume 3" dp for 9000 and not ng900 :E

·
Registered
859 Posts
any chance 9-5 have same downpipe as ng900 / 9-3s since they kinda all use same motor.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry guys... this is all off my '00 9-5.

you would have to cut the downpipe to install a cat...
using my downpipe + highflow cat + labor would be a LOT cheaper than buying a downpipe with racecat.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
can this turbo withstand 18psi? and is this a 15t? and does it need reclocking for a 9-3/900?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sure it could handle 18psi.
it's an aero/viggen turbo. it's the 5cm, I guess.
no clocking needed.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rust on a turbo?
well, I'm sure there's some on the cast iron, but otherwise, it's clean.

you guys are asking the weirdest questions ever....

·
Registered
859 Posts
that was my question... will this dp work on a 9-3>?

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The flange is the same. it's the same triangle compression fitting between the two.
the downpipe *might* fit, but I can't make any guarantee, there.
maybe compare part numbers on JT's site?

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
OK - so this is a 9-5 turboa nd downpipe - yes? Still for sale? And the turbo is perfectly useable? I just want to get some facts/update here. I am planning to do a headgasket and head swap on our 9-5 this weekend. I am interested in said parts (I am assembling a used TD04 using a core from a 9000 unit which was still good into a 9-5 TD04 today so I have a turbo to upgrade too, but I always like having a spare. The DP would be a nice upgrade to go with the BSR system I have to install as well.

In short - if all are for 9-5 and in good used shape, I am interested if they are still available.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK - so this is a 9-5 turboa nd downpipe - yes? Still for sale? And the turbo is perfectly useable? I just want to get some facts/update here. I am planning to do a headgasket and head swap on our 9-5 this weekend. I am interested in said parts (I am assembling a used TD04 using a core from a 9000 unit which was still good into a 9-5 TD04 today so I have a turbo to upgrade too, but I always like having a spare. The DP would be a nice upgrade to go with the BSR system I have to install as well.

In short - if all are for 9-5 and in good used shape, I am interested if they are still available.
Yes, and yes.
It's a 9-5 aero turbo, and a 9-5 JT catless downpipe.
as of right now, I have a couple offers on the turbo, but no money, since it's not off the car right now, and I haven't accepted payment from anyone.

Once it's off, I'll get pictures up for everyone to see, and I'll accept payment.

Both are 100% usable, but I think the downpipe has a scratch from speedbumps or whatnot.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts