·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my WRX on the local Subaru board.

idiot:
whats your number

Me:

867-867-5309, feel free to call me any time if you want to see the car, or have any questions!

-Andy

Idiot,10 minutes later:
what's the lowest you'll will go on this?

Me:
Make an offer and find out. I would like to see around 8.

No reply all weekend.

Idiot just now:
would you take 6000 and i can come pick it up.

Me:
No.

Morons.

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love it when they throw in "I'll come pick it up" or "Cash in hand" as if that somehow sweetens the deal and isn't how almost every used car sale happens.
Yeah, no shit. You better have "cash in hand" when you go to buy something.

The dude types like a mouth breather anyway, and is probably a flake.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I thought Subarus were supposed to get high 20's for MPG's?

Mine gets a solid 18 :lol: I could probably have a blown V8 Merc and do better ;)
Me and a buddy with an STi recently did a 720 mile road trip, I got 32 mpg in the SAAB, he got 22 on the STi... ouch!
:saab

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I have the Typhoon parked out on the lawn of a friends near a REAL busy street here; sign says $7k firm.

Got a call where some kid talked my ear off for 10mins, asking all kinds of dumb stuff like is it faster than a Civic B20 HC VTEC Swap NOS 18's something..........and after all was said and done, he says "I have $4,500 cash. Will that take it?" I chuckle and say no, and he just hangs up.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I sold mine on MNSubaru. Luckily I didn't have too many rubes. All of mine were from CL postings.

$6k is certainly too low. But $7k might be closer to the sweet spot, given there are a few things that need to be cleaned up. If you hold for a bit, you can probably get $8k. But you'll have a better chance at that in winter. :(

Here's edmunds, it's what I ended up using to price mine as I initially had it pretty high based on KBB.

2002 Subaru Impreza

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Ugh, it's terrible.

I put it at 8, and have two offers at $7500, so that's good. One offer is from one of my friends, and they are coming to pick it up today to have it looked at by a mechanic, so I'm hoping it all works out.

For it's age the mileage is kinda low,and it's coming with an extra set of stock wheels...

I have some room to move on the price too, so if anything falls
through, we will see.

Jay, that one looks nice, too bad it's a 6.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts