Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way home from work Tuesday when a black 9-2X 2.5i driven by some YOUNG guy was rudely awoken by my 9000 rollin up next to him - letting off a few "rounds" of backfires and a friendly smile and nod of approval - followed by a cloub of fuel vapors and dust from the road as I took off - moments later I saw the Saabish grill makin is way up from the back of the pack of cars - gaining nicely too as I cruised on 263 towards Street Road going home at about 85mph (in a 45). He eventually caught up to about a few cars back and I moved over to allow him to catch up. Hoping he'd stop next to me at a red light so I could say something to him - never happened. I saw him turn left at one point where I actually turned around to see if I could see where he went - no luck - so I went home. The little moment of a Saab thrill and knowing there's some younger ppl buying "Saab's" made my day. It was a fun haul that day - I'm hoping for a second go at that Subuaru too - I didnt give him a fair chance at all :lol: :twisted:

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DeLorean said:
I saw an old lady driving a solver 2.5-i today as well
no I know you only see shades of Grey sometimes - but what # Grey would "solver" be? :lol:

I've been seeing lots of the 9-2's on the roads in the wealthier area's - but they are a nice Subaru all said and done. I'll wait to test drive the new 2006 one however before I start tellin ppl to go out and buy one :twisted:

·
Registered
222 Posts
I"ll bet he just looked over to see who was next to him. He probobly had no idea you were driving a Saaber. My bud who just bought an 02 9-3 said it best, "I love the new car but I really miss the waves I got when I drove the old one".(86 900T) Its so true, the only recognition I have ever gotten was from another Vig as we were sitting at a light. He was going the other direction, but I gave him the thumbs up and he returned it happily. Where did the loyalist go? Thank god for you guys. How does such a great car stay under the radar?

·
Editor
2,592 Posts
Man, I ALWAYS reprezent Saab. I am always flashing a thumb or wave / honk of the horn and the only time it's really recipricated is when it's from a classic Saab owner...

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
lemonscu said:
I"ll bet he just looked over to see who was next to him. He probobly had no idea you were driving a Saaber. My bud who just bought an 02 9-3 said it best, "I love the new car but I really miss the waves I got when I drove the old one".(86 900T) Its so true, the only recognition I have ever gotten was from another Vig as we were sitting at a light. He was going the other direction, but I gave him the thumbs up and he returned it happily. Where did the loyalist go? Thank god for you guys. How does such a great car stay under the radar?
yeah you shoulda seen when me and delorean parked next to a 9-2 at the chick-fil-a in his 99t, we watched the guy get into the car...without even glancing at the 99 parked next to him :roll: .

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts