Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had originally typo'd the thread by naming it "seatbelt suck" which is also appropriate.

99 9-5 wagon, rear center seatbelt is stuck. I mean STUUUUCK. So stuck that I can't put the folding seats back in their more commonly useful position. :roll:

Other than cutting it and letting the ends retract to whereever they're going to go, is there a way I can unstick this? I need to bring my mom & her bf to the airport and my kid needs to come too, so I have roughly 18 hours to figure this out, 14 of which are otherwise committed.

HALP.

·
7,595 Posts
Pull, let go pull let go pull let go. I have had this happen, and this is the procedure I used. It seems as though under certain conditions they can lock up on full retracted position and if you can't wind them in any, they won't let go... This should eventually work... you basically need some slack to work with and it should let go and work again.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is absolutely no slack. I can't even get two fingers between the belt and the seat so I can cut it without destroying the leather.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FUCK!

Oh well. Got a replacement? Can it even be replaced without ripping apart the seat cushion?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I guessing that the larger portion of the rear seat if folded down & it wont come up cause of the belt. I went outside to look at mine & the only thing I can think of at this moment is removing the bolt/s/ nuts that connects in the middle of the two seats which resides under the smaller side of the seats, & hopefully be able to give you room enough to remove the nut that holds the seatbelt to the floor. Time consuming probably but, beats cutting. Once the seat is in the upright position I’m willing to bet it will work just fine, cause the locking mechanism will be up righted & give up slack. Check the little button thing on the belt which is supposed to keep slack to keep this from happening.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts