Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible and what is involved in swapping seats from a 90 900 into a 91? The way the rails attach to the floor seems different, but will they still bolt up?

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
no. 1991's use the same bolt pattern as a 9000; the 4 torx screws. 1990 seats have one lone bolt in the front, then this razoo hook/loop through attachment on the back. TOTALLY different.

That being said....if your buddy is mongo hard-up for 1991 seats in his 1990 car, I cut a set of the 1991-style mounts out of a car back in the day that you can have. You'll have to weld them in though.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Uness your 1990 has passive seat belts, then the '91s would fit.

But I dont think they did in 1990.

·
Registered
669 Posts
no. 1991's use the same bolt pattern as a 9000; the 4 torx screws. 1990 seats have one lone bolt in the front, then this razoo hook/loop through attachment on the back. TOTALLY different.

That being said....if your buddy is mongo hard-up for 1991 seats in his 1990 car, I cut a set of the 1991-style mounts out of a car back in the day that you can have. You'll have to weld them in though.
They could always drill and tap a bolt hole where the hook and latch flange is and mount them that way...Should save a lot of the headache of swapping out mounting rails.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adam this project is for Pete Lockart, he bought the 16" aero wheels off of you a few months ago for his freshly painted 1990 spg. From what it looks like, we can do and extension adapter for the hook loop thing in the back bolts, and for the front the seats are attached to a hollow piece of channel steel so I think we can just drill new holes and bolt and nut them in. The seat rails are a bit wider than the stock seats requiring the thinner center console. I think we should be ok. We will let you guys know how it goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts