Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up a beater 9000CS and the power seat is giving me some trouble. The backrest on the driver's seat only tilts forward, not backward. Being a man of rather ample proportions, this seating configuration is not exactly comfortable. Does anybody have any idea what may be going wrong?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet... I think I have a switch pack from a 1993 900S Convertible in my bucket of electricals. I'm fairly confident they didn't switch things up much between those years.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Don't want to threadjack here, but do these seats have the troublesome plastic sheathing issue that the c900 convertible power seats often have? Or is there a different design?

Not being sarcastic, just actually wondering.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, the 9000s had the same plastic thingy as the 900s... I am looking to basically "set it and forget it".

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Carl, did you ever figure out what was causing this? I'm having the same issue in my NG, and the 9000 and the NG share the same seat electronics.

I'm leaning towards the memory module underneath the seat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have some what of a different problem, this is for a 9000 aero, passenger side seat only reclines one side, only the left side reclines and the right side does not, any ideas?

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Somewhere here there's a thread where those plastic tubes were replaced with flexible copper piping, can't remember who it was but pretty smart idea
I did this to my Aero seats in my old SPG. But instead of copper tubing I used some really ridged plastic tubing. Worked great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ran across this issue during my search. There are some tubes that connect both sides. One of yours has broken.
I did this to my Aero seats in my old SPG. But instead of copper tubing I used some really ridged plastic tubing. Worked great.
Hmmmmm, is this on the bottom or the top of the seat?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts