Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any good? I usually hear some complaints about Scan tech stuff. I don't wanna purchase a 14$ cheap tie rod end and have it snap or catastrophically fail on me :shock: lol

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've got an extra Febi-bilstein lying around I need to unload. Interested?

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
The boot on my scantech tie rod ripped within 5k miles of installation... Dish out the extra money and get febi/ blistein or oem

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have the same problem with the inner tie rods.on ebay the prices are all over the place from a pair for 13 dollars to a single rod at 33 dollars.Also got some ball joints on ebay and the rubber boots fell apart after a few months,i,ll need to do it again.I put off the inner rods until i could get good ones and ruined a good pair of tires.Bid on a rebuilt steering rack on ebay from a local dealer and when i went to pick it up i had to decline because it did not look much better then the rack i had in there.anyway ,whats a good source for a rebuilt rack and or inner tie rods ?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
How come eeuroparts only has the LH side for the Febi-Bilstein tie rod end? But they have left and right for Scantech...:confused:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Weird. Scantech is hit or miss it seems. Have some Febi-Bilstein stuff and its ok, as is Scantech. But haven't messed with their tie rod ends.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Really? I just received a rh febi/bilstein tie rod Thursday from eeuro
Yeah tried looking for a '98 and a '97...still only came up with an LH one lol.

The fact that Scantech is hit-or-miss is why I'm just gonna pony up a little more cash I guess:wink:

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Yeah tried looking for a '98 and a '97...still only came up with an LH one lol.

The fact that Scantech is hit-or-miss is why I'm just gonna pony up a little more cash I guess:wink:
Ya they're gone now, that's weird... I'll sell you mine for 40 lol:D

Try giving eeuro a call Monday And see watsup... If not try saabsite or rockauto

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Ya they're gone now, that's weird... I'll sell you mine for 40 lol:D

Try giving eeuro a call Monday And see watsup... If not try saabsite or rockauto
100% markup...lemme think about it...lol

Rockauto has Quinton Hazell tie rod ends for under 7 bucks a pop! Wonder how good those are...probably will go Moog instead.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
100% markup...lemme think about it...lol

Rockauto has Quinton Hazell tie rod ends for under 7 bucks a pop! Wonder how good those are...probably will go Moog instead.
Whatever you do don't get the cheapest ones from rockauto, I got those last year when I was replacing suspension the first time and I was broke so I cheaped out and the boots ripped within 6 months... Not saying it'll happen to you. Maybe I just got bad luck... Seems like with European cars oem or oem equivalent is best for suspension parts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts