Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over on SC there were a few posts by people who had posted in the "PARTS WANTED" of the classified. They would then get a PM offering the parts with payment through check or Western Union. The guy never made an actual post and all offers were through PM's so he was staying off the radar.

There was this guy and then another questionable guy calling himself Saabkid who was trying to sell a 99 V70 R that had a lot of issues beyond what he was saying was a bad throttle body, such as a shot trans and cut drive train with a questionable title.

Didn't know where to put this so move if appropriate.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
We're all aware of the V70r kid. he was ousted a while back.

The first paragraph is WAY too vague to be helpful.
Other than "don't pay through anything but paypal"...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sorry, but how he works is:

He watches the classified want ads and then contacts you through a PM, not on the open forum.

He then gets a dialog going with you on the parts you wanted and it comes down to how he will accept payment which is NOT via Pay Pal but by check or Western Union.

He has tried to scam a bunch of folks over on Saab Central.

He has used the name Brian Johnson or, bj391 and has listed an e-mail as [email protected].

Take a look over on SC a few guys have posted the details.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Juat wanted to note the name of the kid with the V70 for sale is named "saabkid900T". I didn't make the connection til just now but he friended me from a facebook group (his actual name is Alberto Silva Jr). I was going to buy the Volvo but he was shady and asking way too much.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
As soon as someone starts talking Western Union, I'm oughtta there. Anyone putting themselves out there as a legit trader should at least use PayPal.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Juat wanted to note the name of the kid with the V70 for sale is named "saabkid900T". I didn't make the connection til just now but he friended me from a facebook group (his actual name is Alberto Silva Jr). I was going to buy the Volvo but he was shady and asking way too much.
If you are correct he is selling a used motor on this site

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.