Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
it's a 2010. trying to get it off the lot so they can sell 2011s.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess...still seems like way too much off for a new car.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
It's typical of Saab this time of year.

I got $12,500 off our '08 in Jan of '08. There is a dealer around here taking $11k off of 9-3's with owner loyalty.

·
7,595 Posts
It is interesting, as the invoice lists for higher that that price. Did the dealership lose money, or is the "invoice price" not really what they pay for it?

·
Registered
209 Posts
If someone is going into the dealership to get a 2010, it would not take much negotiating with the dealership to offer a really good price. I know ownership at two dealerships and they are just trying to get the cars out for the public to see at this point. IMO corporate is most likely just pushing to get the car out into the public and will help the dealership bottom line later on.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I will NEVER pay 50k for a car, unless its really fast or really badass. A 9-5 doesn't fit that . That said, I think 50k is stupid for something that's not really an investment at all. Buy it marked down like this or off the first owner. Cars are a money pit.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
I will NEVER pay 50k for a car, unless its really fast or really badass. A 9-5 doesn't fit that . That said, I think 50k is stupid for something that's not really an investment at all. Buy it marked down like this or off the first owner. Cars are a money pit.
Pretty much.

·
7,595 Posts
It's true, but if you pull in the sort of money where you can walk into a dealership and drop 50K on a new car, and hardly even see it in your bank account, why not? financing a high depreciating luxury car? that is stupid any way you look at it.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
When you factor in manufacturer incentives and such, going below invoice is not uncommon because the dealer receives rebates. My parents received basically the same level of incentives more or less on their recent acquisition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts