Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question for everyone:
Why should someone buy a 2006 Saab 9-2x 2.5i instead of the Surbaru Impreza 2.5i. The Saab is worth about 3 Grand more it has standered side curtin air bags and a more eligant look. For me I would like the 9-2x in Black but not many people are willing to spend it on a Subaru thats over priced.

What do you guys think?

Saabsales
Sales and Leasing
Turpin Saab

(beeer)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
more on the funky gm fuckup cars. don they give you sales literature at the dealership? i think i read the bullshit is quieter than the subaru, and obviously.... uhh, well the only other difference that i have heard about is the steering. have them test drive it, tell them the front end is much more attractive, then sell them on the aero! because its the only desirable one!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I think the Saab looks better than the Subie. I would think the interior would be nicer on the Saab. I have heard the interior is quieter too. Overall it just seems hard to sell a Saab these days with GM doing so much platform sharing and parts swapping. Subaru->GM->Saab...hmm.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
mike saunders said:
If you're going to buy a Subaru, then you might as well buy a Subaru....
Nah - the Saab version is much nicer in and out. I've driven both the n/a 2.5i and the Aero's manual and automatic and if the price was right - I'd get an Aero 5 speed. Price being free or a couple thousand... but anyways - the 9-2 is a better price last time I checked, better warrenty - better looks - better handling. To me that makes the Saab version a better buy. Go pick up lititure on the Impreza and pick up your copy of the 9-2X and compare them - annotate the differances and the price differances - you'll learn why a Saab badged Scooby is a better buy if you are going to buy an imprezza anyways.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
doesn't the saab have a better warrantee?

STI steering rack & I beleive control are stuff, not sure if the 06 WRX's went that way as well.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
I sat in the drivers seat of a 9-2x. That was enough to tell me NOT to buy it.

I have owned several Saabs and driven countless more, and they all had the same basic feel. Same layout. Same everything.

I dated a guy who drove a Subaru, and did my fair share of driving it. It was a nice car but it lacked the soul that the Saabs had, I despised it. Sitting in the seat of the 9-2x and feeling like I was in that stupid Subaru again... bleh. If I see the Saab logo I want to see it on something that feels a little bit like a Saab.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Saabaru 9-2x does have a 4 year/ 80 000km warranty. The steering is stiffer, the ride is a little smoother then the Subaru. The interior is identical to the Subie. The Impreza has a lower APR rate then our 9-2x. I've been working at Saab for 3 months, Ive sold 9-3s 9-5's and just sold a 9-7x. But i cant seem to make up sell a 9-2x over a Subaru, even though the Subaru(Impreza Outback Sport) that Saab makes thier 9-2x off is more expensive then the Saab. The worst possible thing that Saab has done to the 9-2x for 2006 is eliminate the AERO. Now it only comes in one trim, 2.5i(non turbo). The company is making it really hard for me to sell a 9-2x. But im not going to give up. would you?

Saab Sales
Sales & leasing Consultant
Turpin Saab

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
what the fuck!? i didnt know the aero wasnt in production anymore. gm sucks. thats the version that WOULD sell! well good luck to you, i guess all you can do is push the luxury points.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
yes. Give up. Help GM make the right choice...and spend your time doing this:

Contact Hirsch from the UK, talk to them about having thier products integrated into your dealership, and make yourself in charge of that department. In the UK, most dealerships have Hirsch stuff on hand, they even sell special editions of Hirsch stuff. Its mad expensive, but the right people will buy a 9-3 or 9-3 outfitted with that sorta stuff. Your dealership would be pretty popular too.

Theres a subie dealer in my area that does prodrive stuff as options when you buy the car, and they are chill with mods.

·
Banned
6,912 Posts
i like the 92x as a practical car... not the sporty saabs we all love that double for our grocery shopping cars :roll: "but hunny your car has more room for grocerys then my honda does"

okay anyways... if i could still lease one i would but since they dont make them in 06 you cant since all there is left is 05's! I need a DD and i cant drive my second car daily for about 3 more months and id like a car thats under warranty so i can break it a lot and they have to fix it for free :lol:

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
saabsales said:
The Saabaru 9-2x does have a 4 year/ 80 000km warranty. The steering is stiffer, the ride is a little smoother then the Subaru. The interior is identical to the Subie. The Impreza has a lower APR rate then our 9-2x. I've been working at Saab for 3 months, Ive sold 9-3s 9-5's and just sold a 9-7x. But i cant seem to make up sell a 9-2x over a Subaru, even though the Subaru(Impreza Outback Sport) that Saab makes thier 9-2x off is more expensive then the Saab. The worst possible thing that Saab has done to the 9-2x for 2006 is eliminate the AERO. Now it only comes in one trim, 2.5i(non turbo). The company is making it really hard for me to sell a 9-2x. But im not going to give up. would you?

Saab Sales
Turpin Saab
Really? There were 2 06 9-2x Aero's at Jim Ellis Saab last time I was there.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
saabsales said:
The worst possible thing that Saab has done to the 9-2x for 2006 is eliminate the AERO. Now it only comes in one trim, 2.5i(non turbo). The company is making it really hard for me to sell a 9-2x. But im not going to give up. would you?

Saab Sales
Turpin Saab
Hmm - I wonder if that is true - ever since the 2006 models showed up I can't recall if there were any Aero's we PDI'ed - this might explain why the same 3 lame 2.5i's have not moved since... Wait - we did have a 2006 Aero - one of them and it sold almost as soon as we cleared it as good to go. So something is screwy in Canada land... no Aero's bah, that's just pure dumb.

·
Banned
6,912 Posts
hmmm maybe its because they arent making 07's then? its because they arent currently producing them i think :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Saab has canceled the Aero 9-2x in Canada, I know that for sure because we do not have any in and will not be getting any in. As for USA, I dont work there so I cant say if they still make them everywhere. But i can say that in Canada they absolutly do not make Aero 9-2x(we only get one trim, 06 Saab 9-2x 2.5i[non turbo] either 5 speed stick, or 5 speed auto) I really enjoy driving the 9-2x(2.5i) its not the quickest car we have but its alot of fun(AWD is what makes it fun). As for the future of the 9-2x i heard from a other sales rep that 07 will be the last year for 9-2x. Future plans are to wipe it out and Saab will make a 9-1(competetion for the BMW 1 series) it will come in hatchback, sedan, and Sportcombi form(not offical new just what i have read from different sources. If anyone does have any new information about it, please do post it hear so that i can find it out.

Saab Sales
Turpin Saab
Ottawa Canada

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
IF YOU OR YOU KNOW OF SOMEONE LOOKING TO DO CUSTOMIZATION TO A SAAB 9-3 or 9-5 or 9-2. I have set up a Company that has on demand parts for any Saab. You just tell me what you want, leave your e-mail or phone number and my company will send you information about the part. If you are seriously interested I erge you to tell me about it. I can find you anything from wheels to body kit, to preformance to astetics.

Saab Sales
Turpin Saab

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
You can buy advertising space on this forum you know.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts