Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
XASSH ---- Nicholas Alexander Braley
November 29, 1982 - May 3, 2008

It is with great sadness that I am posting this information. I was notified tonight that Nick (XAASH) was killed on 5/3/08 in a head on Motorcycle accident on a noted stretch of road in California called Ortega Highway.

He was not on his saab but rather riding his motorcycle and hit a BMW SUV head on.

Man killed in crash on Ortega Highway identified
Posted by Joe Fanaselle at 5/5/2008 7:27 PM and is filed under TC,Fatal,Lake Elsinore​
Authorities have identified the man killed in a head-on collision along Ortega Highway at around 7:00 pm on Saturday. According to the Riverside County Coroner's Office, 26 year old Nicholas Braley of Mission Viejo was the operator of a motorcycle that collided head-on with a sport utility vehicle west of the Riverside / Orange County line.​
Paramedics and officers from the California Highway Patrol responded but Braley was pronounced dead at the scene. According to the Coroner's Office, he was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident. It is unknown of the occupant(s) of the sport utility vehicle sustained any injuries. No other details about the crash are available at this time.​
NEWS STORY

Thank you for your time on this and I will post the Service arrangements once I find them out.

MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR NICHOLAS BRALEY

Nicholas Braley, 26, of Mission Viejo, died Saturday, May 3, 2008 in a traffic collision. A Memorial Service to celebrate his life will be held this Saturday, May 10 at 2PM at the Laguna Beach Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, 429 Cypress Dr., Laguna Beach, CA 92651. All of Nick's many friends and acquaintances are invited to attend. For directions call (949)951-7278

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
My god, that's terrible.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to Aero02 for providing this information....

MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR NICHOLAS BRALEY

Nicholas Braley, 26, of Mission Viejo, died Saturday, May 3, 2008 in a traffic collision. A Memorial Service to celebrate his life will be held this Saturday, May 10 at 2PM at the Laguna Beach Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, 429 Cypress Dr., Laguna Beach, CA 92651. All of Nick's many friends and acquaintances are invited to attend. For directions call (949)951-7278

·
7,595 Posts
That is quite a shame, I always enjoyed helping him with his C-900 troubles. Gotta be careful on those motorcycles, just about every day on the news around here you hear about someone getting killed on a motorcycle. Not the safest mode of transportation invented.

He will be missed.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I'm seriously awe struck. I got a message on my phone from his friend Everett today and was almost paralyzed. He will be seriously missed. I really don't know what to say right now...

I only knew Nick for a couple of years, but we had spent a good deal of time together working on our 900's and just hanging out. He loved that car as much as anyone could. He actually bought the bike so he could finally get all the gremlins worked out of his motor without having to rely on it as a DD.

Also, I just want to clear this up since I read the livejournal link... Nick did smoke weed, and he did love to drive fast, but he was VERY adamant about not getting high before hopping on his new bike. He was very aware of the dangers of riding to begin with, let alone under the influence of anything.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Ohh God, this is tough, he was one of my favorite members, such enthusiasm about his car. He worked so hard on it. He will be missed.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
:shock:

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Oh my Lord. I am totally speechless. Xassh and I talked many many times.

I warned him about the bike, but I can't believe it actually happened. I don't know what to say right now.

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
I am shocked. I will miss his posting. I have no idea what to say. All of you saabers are my internet family. I feel like I just lost a brother.

Rest in peace man.
You will be miss man.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
I warned him about the bike, but I can't believe it actually happened. I don't know what to say right now.
I remember Nick chiming in on a couple of motorcycle threads talking about safety... the importance of good gear, appropriate speed, and paying attention to your surroundings. Like Aero02 said, he was very aware of the dangers of riding... more so than many others who ride.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts