Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 368 Posts

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you didn't see it on the homepage, Saabtoberfest 2007's website is up!

For regulars, it will be great to see everybody. Especially those who aren't able to make it to SOC. I sure hope Abdukted and the Mrs. don't have a wedding this year!

For the newbs. This is a long duration driving event. This is an opportunity to enjoy your car in the fall foiliage of PA.
I highly suggest you ensure your car is in full working order. Good brake pads, and grippy tires are a must. If you are bringing a passenger, bring a puke bucket, last year was a tough one.

My appetiete requires me to bring my own meal. Many attendees also bring a favorite wine to the lunch. That is acceptable.

Usually the night b4 involves some drinking, but last year it was pushed a little far.

I plan on picking up BluAero at Temple, and driving him up as a co-driver. But if anybody wishes to attend, and wont have a car, you are invited to fly to Dulles or Reagan. I will get you there and back. You shouldn't have trouble finding a car to pile into.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I'll be there, especially cause it's where I used to live and my gf is getting a 97 900s vert tomorrow!

If you stay over at Temple for the night, get in touch. I've got room and I know of some good bars/hangouts.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
wouldn't miss it! this was my favorite event last year.....i've been looking forward to this year's saabtoberfest since.....oh ya know, as soon as it was over last year!

the drinking the night before was definitly too extensive....ugh. however, does anyone have any feelings on an after-party?

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
wouldn't miss it! this was my favorite event last year.....i've been looking forward to this year's saabtoberfest since.....oh ya know, as soon as it was over last year!

the drinking the night before was definitly too extensive....ugh. however, does anyone have any feelings on an after-party?
yes last year we partied a bit to hard i think. after party might be the way to go, but if anyone wants to come the night before to plymouth here (even closer to the start than last year less than 5mins from eurotech) thats fine too. this event is definitely not to be missed, and shouldnt be confused with a fall foliage tour, this is first and foremost a "spirited parade" of northeast PA. the roads around here are wacky.

Paul

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
heh - booze'n for a cruiz'n - the pre part was fun. I swore the house was rocking when I went to bed.
yah, no shit man. remember our "falling down the stairs contest"?

good times

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sadly I will not be there this year. Long story short, my presence is required at a very boring family thing in Washington DC that same day.

However, SilverAeroGuy will be there solo, so you can still have fun chasing him down and wondering if his brake lights are working.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I will be there for sure, just don't know if I will be teaching the girlfriend how to drive stick well enough that I don't get chest pains letting her take my 93 and I drive the 9000. The variable is if she will be my co-driver or "Lead Driver"?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
unfortunately, i will not be able to make it. However, im going to try to get my sister and her boyfriend to go this year

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I will be there for sure, just don't know if I will be teaching the girlfriend how to drive stick well enough that I don't get chest pains letting her take my 93 and I drive the 9000. The variable is if she will be my co-driver or "Lead Driver"?:rolleyes:
have you attended this before? this is not for the faint of heart and DEFINITLY not for someone who's just learning to drive with three pedals.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
definitely would not miss this event for the world.

Rob- As long as she can drive stick without stalling the car out i'm sure she could manage it. She should just be at the front of the pack. towards the end is where all the crazy 70mph+ cornering happens.

Oh an thats also why everyone needs good brakes and tires because sometimes the groups are 20 cars strong so when cars at the front of the line up at a stop sign, the people at the end of the group are often still playing catch up an go around the corner not knowing there is a stop sign with little room to avoid hitting the car in front.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I will attempt to be there, but I may need a place to crash, as I'm a LOOONG ways away. I wanted to visit a friend in PA sometime this fall as well, but I'm unsure of the distance between the two -- I know PA is HUGE as far as a state is concerned.

Gives me a little bit to settle my tires and brakes, too.

Cheers,
bny

edit: and by long way, I mean: Distance: 441.8 milesTime: 6 hours 49 mins (approx.) !

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
I will attempt to be there, but I may need a place to crash, as I'm a LOOONG ways away. I wanted to visit a friend in PA sometime this fall as well, but I'm unsure of the distance between the two -- I know PA is HUGE as far as a state is concerned.

Gives me a little bit to settle my tires and brakes, too.

Cheers,
bny

edit: and by long way, I mean: Distance: 441.8 milesTime: 6 hours 49 mins (approx.) !
we have plenty of room for people to crash, and like i said we are like 5 mins from the start, anyone that wants to come up the night before is welcome, we have a couple couches, and plenty of floorspace :lol:

Paul

·
7,595 Posts
This year it would be great to have some long distance people show up and see what the roads in PA are like. I think most people don't know what they are in for ;) being only 5 minutes from the start of the run is a plus for us, and there is PLENTY of floor space here for anyone who wants to stay over the day before or after.

this year; less pre-party drinking I think, we can save it for the post. 5+ people had to make several vomit breaks on the run, and that's no good :lol:

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nooo, RedAero!

I will take ya'll up on the Plymouth house. I will sling a few beers, but "just say no" when it comes to wisky with Burnssides.

1 - 20 of 368 Posts