Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am planning an event on October 3rd, 2010. This is a Sunday. I am going up Mount Washington in my 1999 SAAB 9-3 and am inviting other SAABers to come as well. I am leaving from Tolland, CT at 7:00am at the Dunkin Donuts off of Route 84. From there, I am heading to Hooksett, NH to meet up with RI/MA/NH drivers at the rest stop off of Route 93.

After that, its towards the Mountain. The Mountain Road itself is a toll road of I believe $28 plus $8 per vehicle occupant.

I believe we will get there for noon time. If enough people show up (RSVP) ahead of time, we can possibly get a parking spot reserved on the summit. Note that the weather on the summit, isn't always the weather on the ground. I suggest dressing for whatever weather - bring a coat.

If anyone is interesed, please email me directly and I will be more than happy to share additional details.

Hope all can make it!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick correction . . .

Mount Washington Auto Road
www.mountwashingtonautoroad.com
Drive Yourself Rates: Car and Driver: $23 (includes a bumper sticker and audio tour on CD or cassette in English, French or German) Motorcycle and Operator: $14 Each additional adult: $8 Children ages 5-12: $6 Children ages 4 and under: Free

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I so wish I was still in NH. I used to hike the auto road every day-after Thanksgiving. Would bring sleds and have the best ride down evarrr.

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Damn, I would LOVE to do this.

School :(

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I'm considering it, but i would have to leave around 2 am to get there (Tolland) in time to meet up, after working until 9:30 pm, and driving 2 hours to my parents house where i could maybe get 3 hours of sleep..... so i'm a maybe at this point.... its really tempting me though.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
i might be down for the ride. . i live in hooksett and could meet up w. you guys easily.. beautiful time of the year to go up there.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
We might be down. (wife and I)

We are about 45 minutes from Sturbridge MA and could meet you there.

I have that weekend off and providing nothing else comes up that would be really fun.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
More Info

This particular ride is not an NESA Event. This was just a drive I was going to do because I took Sunday off to go to a car show at a dealership in CT (that they moved to Saturday). I now have that Sunday off and figured . . . why not?

I was on Facebook talking to some friends about it and some of my SAAB buddies wanted to come up as well. It kinda spread a bit more and I figured I would post it on some forums.

If we get enough people and interests, we could turn it into an event (hopefully through NESA) as a nice drive after SCD.

It's still on and again, I hope everyone comes!

The car I am driving is my beat up 1999 9-3. I am hoping to hit 225,000 on the Summit (I am close)

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
If I come I will also be driving a very driven 1999 9-3...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Details . . .

So the plan is still the same. Route-84 in Tolland Connecticut - exit 68, the University of Connecitcut exit (CT Route-195). We are meeting at the Dunkin Donuts at 7:00 and leaving promptly at 7:20. If you want something to eat from this Dunkin' - get there really early - they are REALLY REALLY slow. (for Swedish Car Day - we met here and I waiting in line for 20-30min just for an iced coffee - 1 other person in front of me).

We are taking Route-84, merging onto the Mass Pike (Route 90) - 90 is a toll road, so please plan accordingly.

We will then exit on to Route-495 North and meet up with some other SAABers from Mass at the rest stop between exits 33 and 34 (Northbound) at approximately 8:30am.

We will then head up and get on Route-93 into NH. We are meeting the rest of the group at the State Alcohol Store/Rest Stop on Route 93 in Hooksett at about 9:15ish-9:30ish. There is a $1 toll for New Hampshire on this road just prior to the rest stop exit.

We will then head up to the Mountain from there.

Again, all are welcome!

Thanks

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I am 90% sure I will join you. Not sure yet if I want to try and catch you when you hop onto the Mass Pike or If I should just head to 495 meet up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Weather on the Mountain

Please remember to dress appropriately. The temperature on the mountain could be between 30-35deg F.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quick Reply

I am 90% sure I will join you. Not sure yet if I want to try and catch you when you hop onto the Mass Pike or If I should just head to 495 meet up.
You may want to meet up with us on 495 just so we know it's you. See you Sunday!

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Well the weather looks good and the wife sad that I should go so she can study. I will see you at 495 around 8:30 am Sunday. I'll grab the cameras.

Looking forward to the drive.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I guess I better grab a sweatshirt...

Do you know how many people are planning on coming?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Have fun guys, wish i could be there (logistics just didn't work in my favor..) :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts