Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed the classified haven't been update in months now? Does anyone know what happened to the site?

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Our insider on here mentioned that Scott had pneumonia and was in the hospital for awhile. I think would be the cause.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Our insider on here mentioned that Scott had pneumonia and was in the hospital for awhile. I think would be the cause.
October 16th was the last date of new ads on the Classifieds. According to posts on the General board over there, he was in the hospital for 6 weeks. He's been out for about 1 week now. I wish him well but it's disappointing that he doesn't have anyone else to fill in if he's unable to take care of the site.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah hope he gets better!

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Service on classifieds had become PISS POOR long before Scott came down with his recent sickness. The last two I posted, I waited nearly a month for, despite being told by Scott that they would be posted "tomorrow". I also posted, saying "anyone else disappointed with the classifieds?" and my thread was quietly deleted after a few hours. No response, no "sorry", just a nice little shut-up from him to me. Disappointment level = 281%.

He's got some new non-profit deal in SanFran that's taking up his time, and TSN has taken a real backseat as a result.

As said above.....wish he'd put someone else in charge of it. Hell; goes to show how fairly straight forward maintaining it must be if the only thing to happen while he was out, was classifieds not being posted.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I can't believe he has to manually add the classifieds... That site is so fucking ghetto, he probably goes in and physically edits the html to add each one. That is so freaking pathetic its not even funny.

I could write a php form to do them automatically in about 2 minutes. If he wanted to be a content nazi, you could still make it so they had to be approved by an admin before actual posting. It would just take one click of the mouse to put it on the site.

I mean, sorry he's sick and all but I am constantly surprised by how archaic that site is.

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Well, I feel better now.

I only had to delete 12 pointless posts.

I have hardly had to delete posts for the last 30 days or so. I wonder what that's related to...

Too bad about saabnet or whatever.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
Sorry to hear about Scott, but here's hoping that when he recovers he could devise a backup plan for the site to run in his absence. Hopefully nothing like this would happen to him again, but would be a good measure regardless.

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
Yeah, you would think he would come up with something like that.

If I had ads on the site that needed maintenance or anything, I would be pissed.

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
Yeah, you would think he would come up with something like that.

If I had ads on the site that needed maintenance or anything, I would be pissed.
Especially for the price you pay for an ad!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Yeah too bad he was sick but back in teh day that was the only site ( one of the first forums) I found out alot about my old 86 900t from that site.

Like lots of people Scott is a good techy but not so good of a businessman, and as the site made money he did fine, its page views were awesome ( but I supspect are going down now)

The best way to make money in this world is to have other people earning it for you. If he hired a decent code jockey/web admin and paid them 50 k or so a year he still would make 100K for his own pocket and it might even be able to draw more.

Heck he could just just open his dusty wallet and license a forum software and be done with it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts