Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right. I took an older mustang with a 2.3L engine. Same engines, just pure Swedish Performance on this end :D We started off about the same, but in the end I had em. What a rush...

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Nice kill. Most upgraded Saabs should be able to smoke most Stangs. I raced this honda civic that had an Integra engine swap with new cams and huge weight reduction (lost to him on top end...very close), but he smoke a supercharged Stang. That pretty much means i could've stomped on the Stang too ;) But VERY nice kill.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
yeah mustangs are fun!!

in my '96 my friend was boasting about is 5.0 and i just happend to see him at a light a week later...so he revd it...i revd it...he hurd the BOV and eyes lit up...he sat there spinning the tires wile i grabed then he finaly got off and mist a gear and couldnt catch up.....so it wasnt a techncl win...but i won!

also smoked a '69 maro with a 350 in that 1996 900!

i miss you :(

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
with it running 425horse no thanks....but i did recently take a new modle GT on the freeway...we got up to 110 and i blew his doors off!....all i know is he had exhaust... 8)

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
DeLorean and I went out in our Saabs one night just for a drive and to look for trouble. We were up on the good parts of North 611 (the open part) when I rolled up next to some 80's Stang - BIG racing Slicks, nice sounding exhaust, prob. 300+hp - anyways, got up next to him at 60mph and I reveda bit and flashed my lights, and then I took off, he was on me for a little, then he down shifted andhad his rear slicks smoking... still doing 60mph!! I just blew by at 100mph figured this was an easy kill ;) I bet if he really wanted to he coulda taken me, but take DeLorean too... that woulda been a good match up. But that was one of my stang wins in my Saab 8) I've also eaten those Koreans driving "Vtech" crap with clear lights and big ass park benches on there trunk decks.... But what they don't realize is I got 4 things on them - Speed, Skill, Style, and TURBO :lol: :p

·
Registered
251 Posts
Where on 611 are you? im not too familiar with 611....i live right off 476

·
Registered
745 Posts
wow...I would just love to race one of those 2001 4000 pound Stangs.... especially with a stage 5 equalizer.....hmmm wonder how that would go..

I'd be sitting in the lane calculating HP to weight ratios... ultimately a 300hp SAAB has about roughly 10hp per pound, and if I calculate right....a stang comes is probably a little over 9 hp per pound at 4000 and up.

Now all I have to do is get that stage 5 from somewhere...lol..

·
Administrator
668 Posts
I love to race any stang.... there are a buncha red necks that hang out at the gas station around here on friday and saturday nights... im not sure what year but they are 5.0s and they are loud as shit.... I raced quite a few of them and RIGHT off the line they own me but then 5 seconds into the race i start to pull on them and keep pulling all the way till those rural people back down :mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I beat my friends '89 5.0 from a roll. i'd guess he'd take me off the line though.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Castor Troy said:
I guess he'd take me off the line though.
come on now - face it - Saab's aren't a car to start from a dead stop. After driving a 9000 you should know this by now. 3rd gear is the racing gear! lol 1st is a good get going gear - 2nd is a waste and 3rd is when you pull hard and gain on those "fast" cars. Once you take it to about 4500/5000 pop it in 4th and put it back on the floor. Around this time you usually are pulling ahead a little of the competition. This is mostly true on the c900's too. As for the other Saabers with them new tranmissions - you might have a better gearing set up vs. us older transmission folk.

·
Registered
711 Posts
The 2.3 litre four cylinder in late 1980's Mustangs produces 92 horsepower.

The same motor in the old Mustang II's made something closer to 78 horsepower.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ok...so im on some twisty side road with a v6 mustang right on my ass. The car pulls into the left lane to try to pass me on the wrong side of the road. So, being the dick that i am, i decide i dont want to let them pass me and i floor it. Keep in mind my '96 900 is naturally aspirated and isnt exactly young with 135k miles. We were neck and neck up to about 75 or 80 and i had to slow down because a pretty sharp turn is coming up. The mustang tries to slow down but loses control in the turn, must have been goin about 70. The car spins around backwards, takes out a mailbox, hits a tree (backwards), and is all messed up on some poor guys lawn. I took the turn at about 55 and my tires were screaming but i gave the broken down car a little toot as i passed it. I later found out that it caused about 5 g's in damage. No one actually won this race but i still consider it a "kill" because thats almost what it literally was.

·
Registered
584 Posts
citronxbeige said:
. No one actually won this race but i still consider it a "kill" because thats almost what it literally was.
Better hope he didn't catch your licence plate number or else it'll be the cops trying to "kill" your future with a driver's licence. :wink:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts