Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently building a 99 9-3 H.O.T, using some new unorthodox methods in regards to the whole " Interchangeable Parts" idea. However I'd like to know from an expert (Turbo, Honda, or Saab) whether I can use the Acura RDX TD04-HL15-5 VFT Turbocharger on my Saab 9-3, and if so would it function properly. I originally wanted to use to the Mitsubishi TD04-HL15-5 which is found in the Viggen until I had this crazy idea.

·
Super Moderator
6,721 Posts
Anything is possible with enough money. I am assuming that it is a variable geometry turbo, so you would need a way to control the vanes. Also, you would most likely spend a lot of money on the Acura turbo where you could get a 19T made for close to the same money, and bolt in.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Anything is possible with enough money. I am assuming that it is a variable geometry turbo, so you would need a way to control the vanes. Also, you would most likely spend a lot of money on the Acura turbo where you could get a 19T made for close to the same money, and bolt in.
This...

You could probably plumb the controls for the variable vanes fairly easily, but the ROI in terms of time and effort might not work out.....

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
This...

You could probably plumb the controls for the variable vanes fairly easily, but the ROI in terms of time and effort might not work out.....
i have seen writeups on people using holset VGT turbos, and making them work my running a manual actuator for the vanes. the holset VGTs are having great results,, but the rdx turbo is kinda tiny by comparison,, if you are going to build a VGT setup, with a manifold, go big

1 - 4 of 4 Posts