Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SAAB is looking to explore the electric vehicle segment with 100 electric versions of the next generation 9-3.

I wonder what kind of range will these have, and how much heavier they will be with all the batteries required.

Also, will we get a turbocharged electric version? :rolleyes:

More about it on my SAABlog: http://sites.google.com/site/pierecksaab/saablog

·
Registered
185 Posts
While exploring electric vehicles is timely and commendable, I don't think there's much to be done in the turbo mode...where would you get the exhaust gas to feed the beast? ;)

New ventures like Fisker and Tesla are showing that electric power can equal performance, as well as style...no turbo required.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While exploring electric vehicles is timely and commendable, I don't think there's much to be done in the turbo mode...where would you get the exhaust gas to feed the beast? ;)
That was pure sarcasm of my part...

What I think would be cool on an electric car is a choice between economy mode, where your car would accelerate slower and have a lower top speed, to increase the range, and sport mode, where you'd have a torquey electric monster, with crazy acceleration and good top speed, but of course your batteries wouldn't last too long in that mode...

·
Registered
185 Posts
You need to learn more about the Fisker Karma and Tesla Model S sports sedans, which are poised to provide just what you're looking for. However, at $88K and $109K respectively (before incentives), they may not be on everyone's short-term shopping list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.