Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Aren't concept cars supposed to boast massive performance and what not? The car looks like its going 300mph, but when you read that it has a 1.6 liter 4-banger and bring 200hp to the table....it feels like I've just come out of hyperdrive and the stars in the galaxy aren't blurred anymore.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I'm guess its a fairly lightweight car, plus the electric motor will probably help it get off the line pretty quickly, plus i'm sure there would be more engine options at some point in whatever hits production. I have mixed feelings, but its not bad overall. The taillights remind me of an old pontiac kinda.

·
c900 Grognard
3,713 Posts
Aren't concept cars supposed to boast massive performance and what not? The car looks like its going 300mph, but when you read that it has a 1.6 liter 4-banger and bring 200hp to the table....it feels like I've just come out of hyperdrive and the stars in the galaxy aren't blurred anymore.
Usually concept cars just have an engine that is designed to roll it onto the showroom floor, I think. The point of the thing is the design which will have elements used in different models. IIRC the Aero-X had a Cadillac Catera V6 in it, for example.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Pass.

Looks like a very generic concept car. If you showed me this and said it was a Ford, Mazda, Hyundai, or something I'd believe you. The only thing "saabish" are the wheels.
You're missing a lot of the details, such as the Saab logo incorporated into the rear brake lights, the Griffin logo structurally incorporated into the front fender/bumper/hood molding, etc.

I'd suggest you have a closer look and then comment.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I think that you're forgetting about such creations as this:

Not to mention Per Eklunds' Pikes' Peak beast, both of which are powered by little 'ol '4-bangers'...Imagine that!

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
You're missing a lot of the details, such as the Saab logo incorporated into the rear brake lights, the Griffin logo structurally incorporated into the front fender/bumper/hood molding, etc.

I think that you're forgetting about such creations as this:

Not to mention Per Eklunds' Pikes' Peak beast, both of which are powered by little 'ol '4-bangers'...Imagine that!
That's not a concept car, dude.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pass.

Looks like a very generic concept car. If you showed me this and said it was a Ford, Mazda, Hyundai, or something I'd believe you. The only thing "saabish" are the wheels.
x2.

that tiburon is an extremely good looking copy of the f456. it should be so lucky!

·
Registered
4,252 Posts

Just in case you were actually serious...

My point is that Saab enthusiasts shouldn't have to look at the badge to recognize that it's a Saab. Step about four feet away from your laptop, maybe squint a bit, and pretend I told you "this is the new Mazda TurduckeN Concept" or the just-revealed LutfiskBot from Transformers 3. Believable, no?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Pass.

x2. I don't see anything in the design that screams SAAB. Regardless it's got to be hard to do anything original anymore.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Just in case you were actually serious...

My point is that Saab enthusiasts shouldn't have to look at the badge to recognize that it's a Saab. Step about four feet away from your laptop, maybe squint a bit, and pretend I told you "this is the new Mazda TurduckeN Concept" or the just-revealed LutfiskBot from Transformers 3. Believable, no?
you make an interesting point.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts