Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
This to me seems un-needed since each Saab section has a performance section. Only way I could see this working is if we dropped all of those and made one cluster section - which in turn would make searching a PITA. Better suggestion - start a Saab Motorsport Club and get enough members for a Club section :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
You could check out SAABrally.com

The site is mostly 99/C900 related stuff, but the principles apply to any platform really. Theres a good knowledge base from auto-X to -stage-rally and everything in between.

I heard the site owner is a real jerk, but other than that its a cool place....

We at SaabRally.com are a growing group of SAAB motorsports enthusiasts. We have developed this community in order to join those with the experience and knowledge with those who have a passion for SAABs and motorsports.

"Please join us for some "real" talk about making your SAAB its best in the real world of auto-cross, rally-cross, stage-rally, track events, and whatever else you can throw your SAAB at. We extend our site to anyone interested in what we love -- Making SAABs go fast! (and turn).

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
hey Luke - you have any of those t-shirts or bumper stickers left? I keep wanting to buy at least 1 of each off you guys and either the site it "sold out" or I never see you to ask :)

Edit: Looks like the sawg is in stock - any deals/hook ups :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey Luke - you have any of those t-shirts or bumper stickers left? I keep wanting to buy at least 1 of each off you guys and either the site it "sold out" or I never see you to ask :)

Edit: Looks like the sawg is in stock - any deals/hook ups :D
No swag left :( if there was I would offer it up at a discount since its the end of the rally season. I'll probbaly do another shirt/sticker run next spring so I have stuff to sell at events etc.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Quite frankly, sometimes more is not better. One of the reasons I do a quick scan of this site and they I'm gone is that there are too many forums items.

It seems like when the forum was designed someone tried to think of every possible topic for every variant and subspecies.

Honestly, it becomes an ergonomic visual jumble.

This is said with respect because I can't imagine how much work it takes to build and maintain a site. I looked forward to this site as being an alternative to "that other forum", but the organizational layout is far too extensive.

On occasion I have scanned some forum areas and there had been no activity in months. Perhaps, do an "audit" of activity and then trash it if it does not pan out. It's much easier on the eyes to scan a major forum for things that float your boat and open it or not. When you have to go in to each, it's not going to happen.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Quite frankly, sometimes more is not better. One of the reasons I do a quick scan of this site and they I'm gone is that there are too many forums items.

It seems like when the forum was designed someone tried to think of every possible topic for every variant and subspecies.

Honestly, it becomes an ergonomic visual jumble.

This is said with respect because I can't imagine how much work it takes to build and maintain a site. I looked forward to this site as being an alternative to "that other forum", but the organizational layout is far too extensive.

On occasion I have scanned some forum areas and there had been no activity in months. Perhaps, do an "audit" of activity and then trash it if it does not pan out. It's much easier on the eyes to scan a major forum for things that float your boat and open it or not. When you have to go in to each, it's not going to happen.
Just use the 'New Posts' link and all is solved for you. I do that for every forum.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I honestly don't think it's that much of a big deal. having things broken down into categories is necessary as it's much easier to find what you are looking for once you've grown accustomed to it. i think some of the lesser organized forums are cataloged too vaguely and tend to make my life more difficult but i guess it's "to each their own". We all have our opinion

1 - 20 of 21 Posts