Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Saab owners I was just curious if there was any interest in setting up a Saab Meet here in Southern California. I glanced through the memberslist and noticed a few of you out in San Diego and Long Beach.
Im running out of ideas for my Saab and am looking to possibly get some more creative ideas from some of you guys!

What do you guys think?

The Pacific Coast Highway Route is awesome on a nice sunny day!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
:shock: Damn i'd love to see some Cali Saabs, don't know when I'll be down there next but have fun!!!

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
We definately need more West Coast people on here. If you happen to know of others I think it would definately be nice to get a meet going out there.

If you happen to run across people from NorCal, let me know because we're still looking for a car to have parts fitted to. This means free and/or discount parts for them. ;)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hell I'll show up. I may live in Utah, but I live in southern utah and its like a 6 hours drive to San Diego. The only question is work. That would definetely be a weekend deal. I would love to come out plus I love san diego.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what i like to see!!!!

I've seen quite a few Saabs over in Southern Cali however there are only a handful who have modified or started modifying them!! I know there are a couple viggens out in the other Saab forums but i dont know if they have registered onto this site yet. I will try and contact them through the other site and see if they would be interested in joining this meet. I believe one of them has just gotten an ECU upgrade!!!

Heres where im at with mine! 95- 900se

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yo Blaque......if you ever need a southern Cal saab for fitment let me know i will volunteer my car!!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thought i would spark this thread up again to see if there are any new interested Saabers!

Im down for doing something locally here in good ol sunny Southern California preferrably along the coast! Perfect backgrounds for those who like to take pics ha!!

OR

How about a Vegas Strip meet, that sounds like fun! Checking out other Saabs and dropping some cash on the tables!! Cant beat that!!

Lets see how much interest we get!!!

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Damn... that would definately be nice.

Man i wish i could drive to every meet within a day, because a Vegas meet would definately be off the hook. Hell even a SoCal Meet. There's sooo much to get into over there.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Vegas?!!! Helll ya for vegas man. That is like a two hour drive for me. When did you want to schedule it? I say spring break. I dunno what is good for eevryone else? I say spring brake because I need a replacement part for a bumper( its cracked **&&&^% dips!!) and i'll have my BOV by then and mesh grille too. To be honest the saab needs to be prettier before I show it off in Vegas. Painted Brake calipers too...lack chrome bitches....black chromE :D . ANyway I am down whenever I guess...

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like Vegas is up 2 -0!

Hey Osiris dont worry this isnt a SEMA Super show , just a meet to check out other saabs and meet fellow saabers! Maybe somebody at the meet will have an extra bumper for ya!! Bring her out with the cracked bumper or bring her without the front bumper like Tweek's!! ha

So Blaque will we be seeing you in Vegas?? Thats only a 48 hour drive!!

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
I would be up for a SoCal meet but I probably would not be able to do a Vegas run right now between school and work. So lets come up with something that works and do it!!!

Hey dasaabguy I know your in OC but where at? I work in Costa Mesa at the Ditech building next to South Coast Plaza. If your close to me we should meet up for lunch one day. Let me know. Thats an open invite to anyone in the area.

:D :D

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Ok here is a non SAAB specific get together but a Euro Car meet.

http://rsvp.socaleuro.com/

Right now there are 5 SAAB's that have registered for it and I am trying to get as many SAAB's as possible to go to the get together. They are doing raffles and prizes for best car and such. If you are close to SoCal please come out and show some SAAB support!! It's on January 15 from 12 to 4 in Anaheim, Ca..

·
Registered
461 Posts
If I can fork ovet the money for gas I'll take a road trip.

·
Registered
461 Posts
SO lets see my car can do about 400 miles a tank and from cedar to vegas is about 200-220. So that is another 300 miles to cali? so that is about 120 bucks in gas.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just wanted to remind everyone about the Euro show that Steve posted going on Jan 15th 2005!
http://rsvp.socaleuro.com/

Come and represent if you have nothing to do on the 15th!

I just had my engine degreased for the show!

It came out pretty nice considering the car is almost 10 years old!

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Yeah there are 8 of us on the list right now and there are 14 Volvo's. WE cant let our Sweedish "Little" sister show us up to all those Dub and Audi owners!!!!

Oh an hey dassaabguy.... way to set the bar high for the rest of us to live up to with that shiny detail!!!. Now we just need to show up those Viggens that are in the show!!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts