Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I just signed up for this. I'm taking the Lotus and she is bringing her Turbo X. I know John William (JZW) and some others are bringing their Saabs. If anyone else is in Colorado and interested in joining you need to sign up by the 18th. Or just come and hang out, it's a full day of instruction and racing.

http://www.lotuscolorado.com/page61.html

Attachments

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
ERP - you post on Lotus talk as well don't you. I thought I saw a post from you there talking about work maybe turbo work on a saab or something like that.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I'm on Lotus Talk quite a bit. Same tag and avatar, except it isn't animated. There is also a guy who's screen name is 'Viggen'. I've noticed that Saab and Lotus owners are similar characters. My only recent post about Saabs was for a guy in Montreal who owns a LB Viggen.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
that would be me :)

Saving for a lotus.... not totally sure which one yet, probably a year before I can get one at the soonest. Been watching the toyota v6 swap stuff, sound very interesting

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Had a fun time, what a fantastic track! It was great having 4 Saabs show up. Ran two 20 minute sessions with an instructor then did 6 high speed runs with a corner worker as a passenger. Boiled the brake fluid on the end of the last lap :p , it was fun stopping after that.

The Turbo X did great with my wife driving. Handled very well and could mostly keep up with my friends car, SLK 32 AMG. The video below is not mine, but shows the track well. JZW was running some quick laps in his 9000 Aero. The Elise was managing 120 mph in the straights, the modified Saabs were in the 130's.

High Plains Raceway - Supercharged Lotus Lap

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
good stuff.... excellent video!!!

dam I want one of those cars......

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
You passed that Porsche no problem...nice! That looks like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You passed that Porsche no problem...nice! That looks like a lot of fun.
That video is not me, I found it online just to show the track. I don't think I was driving as fast as the guy in the video, probably 5-15 seconds slower. It was my first time at the track. The Porsche was pasted because he wasn't driving fast, probably getting used to the car or the track. A supercharged Elise is not going to pull past a Turbo 911 on a straight.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
That video is not me, I found it online just to show the track. I don't think I was driving as fast as the guy in the video, probably 5-15 seconds slower. It was my first time at the track. The Porsche was pasted because he wasn't driving fast, probably getting used to the car or the track. A supercharged Elise is not going to pull past a Turbo 911 on a straight.
You should stick with my story, it sounds cooler lol ;)

I did think that the Porsche was driving a bit slowly...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts