Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, anyone with IRIS access...does it show regular service info? Looking at a car and only got the warranty work info. Was interested in specifics of all dealer visits.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
the only services it will show are the free maintenence services. that's it. does the car have its service book?

btw stop messing about with these stupid saabs and get the V70R. dammit.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Yes. Because Volvos are the last bastion of clear-headed engineering and have common-sense fault diagnoses.*

I don't even let them roll into my shop anymore - I have a sign out front for V-car owners (and their tow truck drivers) that has Anders' (SwedeCar) phone number on it.

Drew

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I've worked at a volvo dealer for 8 years sweety. I wouldn't lead a gal wrong.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Saab depending - V70R's are sweetness. Are you afraid of being like Jeff and Paul and owning a station wagon? It's the cool thing to do - and sell that 9-3 too, that car is just going to rust away soon.

I want an 850R wagon myself;

This is sexy:

IRIS = warranty and factory maintenance.

Carfax = everything reported

Saab Book = if tech wasn't lazy or customer knew that dealers had a stamp....

Reciepts are pure golden.

·
7,595 Posts
That 9-3 she had does have rust starting to crop up in strange places. Many NG-900's I have seen in the junk yard seem to have been finished off due to the strut-tops rusting away. The strut tops on this car don't have rust-through or anything, but you can see rusty water stains bleeding out from the seem-sealer on the strut-tops. Not a good sign of things to come in the next few years of that cars life. Externally though after a wash it is still quite presentable and does drive as well as any 9-3. Probably still a fairly valuable trade-in, but it better be done before it all goes to pieces :lol:

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think they must have changed the display format recently and that's what is hanging me up. The one I got yesterday doesn't look much like the one I got a few months ago for a different car.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Sheee-aaattt - I didn't realize there were any VIDA-elitists on this forum too.... ;)

No T-cups at my shop....
haha :) keep in mind, i specialize in jaguars....ANYTHING seems nice compared to that.

so....is harold gone?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts